Brigsnews 2009

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news, for sure.

How the heck do those rumors get started, anyway? It kinda sucks when a corps has to deal with stuff like that.

Fran

Being in this activity since 1994 in some way or another, to me it seems that a lot of people trash talk and start rumors all the time.

I don't know, but it seems a little childish to me and having been away from DCA for a couple of years, I thought it might change a little.

But it hasn't, people still talk trash and spread rumors. Although as for this rumor that started, it came from Brigs members/staff on my end.

Not sure about anyone else who might have heard this, but who knows. you say something and it spreads like a wild fire.

As I told them though, I hope they do get the people because it would not be good to see them fall out of the activity and looking at the pictures

it looks as though you guys are doing pretty good. Everyone seems ready to strike when someone is down because they know that will only help their situation out. Now I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

What bothers me is why people have to hate like that and look for situations to start rumors. I've always thought of this activity as something I could do and be around friends that I've known for many years. Sometimes that means they're marching somewhere else and sometimes we end up together again. I think some people need to just chill out or find another hobby if they can't stand another group to the point that they would talk trash and spread rumors to try and finish them off.

I certainly hope these people don't have children, it would be a shame to bring up children seeing their parents acting like that.

Being in this activity since 1994 in some way or another, to me it seems that a lot of people trash talk and start rumors all the time.

I don't know, but it seems a little childish to me and having been away from DCA for a couple of years, I thought it might change a little.

But it hasn't, people still talk trash and spread rumors. Although as for this rumor that started, it came from Brigs members/staff on my end.

Not sure about anyone else who might have heard this, but who knows. you say something and it spreads like a wild fire.

As I told them though, I hope they do get the people because it would not be good to see them fall out of the activity and looking at the pictures

it looks as though you guys are doing pretty good. Everyone seems ready to strike when someone is down because they know that will only help their situation out. Now I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

What bothers me is why people have to hate like that and look for situations to start rumors. I've always thought of this activity as something I could do and be around friends that I've known for many years. Sometimes that means they're marching somewhere else and sometimes we end up together again. I think some people need to just chill out or find another hobby if they can't stand another group to the point that they would talk trash and spread rumors to try and finish them off.

I certainly hope these people don't have children, it would be a shame to bring up children seeing their parents acting like that.

Can't take any post seriously if no name is signed...

I certainly hope these people don't have children

Classy

Best of luck Brigs, I know you can pull through it!

Edited by CorpsBuff

Well said "Mamma Duck!"

Sal...Just in case u missed it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37831747@N07/...57617305289451/

I think that is more than 11 horns.......... :smile: :smile:

Wooooah there Punky, this not a personal attack against you. Yes I can count to twenty something but 8 contras being half your horn line wouldn't be anything to boast about. I intend no ill wishes for the Brigs but ever since the Dynasty ended don't you think total honesty is in order? I could be the person standing next to you in horn arc or the person coming to watch your rehearsals. Whatever the case may be, my contacts are legit. Why not show pics from every other camp up to date? Probably because the rumors would look to be true...I just hope that the people that came to your last camp stay for the season. We will see at the first show. Oh and Mr Peashey, I don't care who you are. This a PUBLIC forum. I only say what my opinion is, and if that is offensive than click elsewhere. :worthy:

Sal,

What position did you play at Empire in 1989? And if you were Rusty's drinking buddy from 91-95 you must have been mine as well, since Rusty and hung out ALOT.

Plus I know the real SAL!!!and it is not you.

Wooooah there Punky, this not a personal attack against you. Yes I can count to twenty something but 8 contras being half your horn line wouldn't be anything to boast about. I intend no ill wishes for the Brigs but ever since the Dynasty ended don't you think total honesty is in order? I could be the person standing next to you in horn arc or the person coming to watch your rehearsals. Whatever the case may be, my contacts are legit. Why not show pics from every other camp up to date? Probably because the rumors would look to be true...I just hope that the people that came to your last camp stay for the season. We will see at the first show. Oh and Mr Peashey, I don't care who you are. This a PUBLIC forum. I only say what my opinion is, and if that is offensive than click elsewhere. :worthy:

Mr. Rosenberg, you really should leave the phone pranks to the "Jerky Boys". And its Sol Rosenberg not Sal.

Jerky Boys Sol Rosenberg

Shake him off guys. Great to hear you had a fantastic camp! Its only gonna get better! Good luck Brigs!

Can't take any post seriously if no name is signed...

What's the need for a signature, there's nothing more then just general comments made here. I was just replying to someones post as to

how this rumor could have been started. If I'm speaking directly about a person or naming people, then I will sign my post.

And to add another point, I didn't say people should not have children, I stated:

"What bothers me is why people have to hate like that and look for situations to start rumors. I've always thought of this activity as something I could do and be around friends that I've known for many years. Sometimes that means they're marching somewhere else and sometimes we end up together again. I think some people need to just chill out or find another hobby if they can't stand another group to the point that they would talk trash and spread rumors to try and finish them off.

I certainly hope these people don't have children, it would be a shame to bring up children seeing their parents acting like that."

I guess if that offends anyone, you're just going to have to deal with it. It's hard to take the truth sometimes.

Tim

Yep.... that's probably the biggest 11-person horn line I've ever seen! :worthy:

Fran

Yep.... that's probably the biggest 11-person horn line I've ever seen! :worthy:

Fran