2006 DCA Championships

My point exactly! What in the world is the difference if you lose by .3 or 5 points...you still lose. Granted, it's just a discussion, but it's like one of those threads you sometimes see on the DCI boards.....

ah yeah... well I wouldn't know, I never read the DCI forum. I gave up a while ago.

lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me preface this with the following statement: I am not trying to say that the Buccaneers should not have won and I am not trying to say that the Empire Statesmen should have won. I am also not trying to take away from the hard work that any of the other corps that have placed 2nd behind the Buccaneers. I simply would like to know what thoughts people have on this topic. This is more of a numbers thing to me than anything...

In 2005, the Bucs had a spread of over 3 points between them and the Statesmen. In 2007, there was nearly two points between the Bucs and the Cabs. 2008 brought the Minnesota brass within 1.4 points. In 2006, the Statesmen were a mere 0.3 points away. They've been the only corps that has been able to get within striking distance throughout the Buccaneers 4 year reign.

There's been no question that the Buccaneers have dominated the last four years of DCA, my question is this: why did the Statesmen come so close and why has no one been any closer since then? Was it something the Buccaneers did, or something the Statesmen did not do? Vice versa? 3 tenths of a point is very minute, really. Was the wind blowing in the wrong direction, or did someone play something they shouldn't have?

...Discuss.

What? Empire Lost?

I left during the fireworks.

I would love to have this discussion in person, as here we don't have the tools necessary (recordings) or the time, and we especially don't have the benefit of face to face conversation and we all know about trying to interpret things over the internet (tact).

I'm sure I'll see you sometime over the summer, bring it up and we can jab about it!

p.s. also I don't feel Bucs were "that much" better than ES's line in 06

we can discuss it and i'll be glad to disagree.

What? Empire Lost?

I left during the fireworks.

Tom,

I was always told it was YOU who was over at Frontier Field igniting those fireworks at the appointed time!

(sorry, my friend, just HAD to)

:smile:

Tom,

I was always told it was YOU who was over at Frontier Field igniting those fireworks at the appointed time!

(sorry, my friend, just HAD to)

Hey, in 1996 Mr. B planned the fireworks perfectly with America The Beautiful.

AND by the way... the Red Wings are out of town this year! Maybe we can move the start times back to get more teams under the lights. (Allen Buell's gonna kill me for suggesting that)

Because as we all know - you guys who have to perform into the sun at finals have to do that because the Bucs don't play during fireworks (I made that part up)

a later start time would be nice...just to have a breather between the alumni show and finals

I suspect the entertainment penalty and the G bugle penalty.

But that's just me:):):):):):)

I suspect the entertainment penalty and the G bugle penalty.

But that's just me:):):):):):)

Has happened to Empire and others since most groups switch to the flat horns

back to the conspiracy theories again i see . . .

yeah considering many of the guys judging DCA played G brass