Arena Drum Corps East has Launched

Haven't had to post one of these in a while, but.............

Can't we all just get along. :big hug:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought you couldn't bring the Blousemen back 'cause of the interference of the Pootsmen?????

this may finally give me the chance to bring Blousemen back...if there any arenas BIG enough for them.

I have been a long time reader of DCP and felt compelled to finally post something.

I really feel you have not thought enough to even come close to judging this man for trying to give something to drum corps in a positive, I myself have been to 2 of his camps and know he does in fact have a corps and when i spoke to him this morning he wouldn't give me a reason why he won't go DCA this year. i guess he has his reasons but as always they are his to do with as his wishes are and not mine to comment on.

I felt his thoughts on this arena stuff was sound and could have worked but again he didn't want to talk about it. I know he is on the road alot of the day and this could be why he hasn't spoken for himself but i wish him well in whatever he decides to do, at the very least i can say that he is doing what he is doing for a reason while he could be just relaxing and enjoying is time off but he decided to do Drum Corps. for that i will tip my hat to him and hope he does well.

Armory in Teaneck, N.J. ......maybe....?

I guess I can finally see them since I live in Bergenfield!

:tongue:

Do you have the "special" glasses?

DA

Can someone help me out here?

Is the concept of indoor drum corps over the Winter reserved to just one organization? What actually has happened here?

What violation occurred?

Seriously.

well at least the drama cranked up

Not enough memes IMO

Armory in Teaneck, N.J. ......maybe....?

You have to go through the State to get the use of any of the armories. Teaneck will run approximately $345/hour plus $45 per hour for the custodian/armorer. 3 rehearsal dates of about 5-6 hours each would have run us over 8 Grand!

I tried to get the armory for Sky Alumni use and almost fell over when I heard the charges for the various armories in the state of NJ, including JC, Newark, Morristown, and a hangar down near Princeton.

Ray

sarcasm on!

indoor drum corps?

nah - never happen?

oh wait...

Carnegie Hall is indoors isn't it?

didn't we have drum corps there for many years?

New idea? NOT!

sarcasm off!

Good idea? Probably! It appears the Midwest version - using corps like Mini Brass (MBI's mini corps) is on the verge of success... but except for what's left of Royal Airs, there's no alumni corps out there... Is this a competition for alumni corps or encouraging alumni corps to put out separate mini corps to compete indoors??? I am confused as to the target participants - one thing is sure - nothing is easy these days... economics can not be ignored. it will be tough to get going.

Can someone help me out here?

Is the concept of indoor drum corps over the Winter reserved to just one organization? What actually has happened here?

What violation occurred?

Seriously.

i never said it was a bad idea. i was just commenting on the drama