Arena Drum Corps East has Launched

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so there is no misunderstanding on this.

We are not looking for a connection with DCA or DCI, we do hope to have the blessings of both and wish to have a mutual cooperation with both as well but this organization will be it's own and the organizations who will be members of such will be the body of law that governs it. No one person or organization will hold ownership of ADCE but it will hold it's own board meetings and be considered a collective of Drum Corps and Marching units who wish to be able to perform and recruit to help the Drum Corps prosess grow.

About size: if you think big it won't work, we are setting the size at 80 max but we will allow as little as 10 performers on the floor. this way all if not any organization can participate in it and still feel like a member of it.

this is just a sample of what it could be, for more information feel free to contact me or visit the website at www. arenadrumcorpseast.org.

I know there are many questions out there that need to be answered and i will be happy to answer any if not all of them as time allows.

In reply to some of the questions allow me to clarify.

Our season would be started in December and run till March. right now we are looking into 2 east coast circuits one being northeast and the other being southeast.

Sooooooooooooooooooo this new circuit will come in direct conflict with WGI?

I thought that, and I always wondered why there wasn't a winter indoor season for horns, why do the drums and guard get a bonus season! :lookaround:

It seems that way, yes. Although, some groups (like any involving HORN PLAYERS) have no performance outlet in the winter months. So my guess is that hornline ensembles like One More Time minicorps (see video link above), or maybe small Class A drum corps will be the majority of participants here.

About size: if you think big it won't work, we are setting the size at 80 max but we will allow as little as 10 performers on the floor. this way all if not any organization can participate in it and still feel like a member of it.

When you put it that way, I see your reasoning. 80 is the maximum, not necessarily the recommended or expected size. Gotcha. :lookaround:

I thought that, and I always wondered why there wasn't a winter indoor season for horns, why do the drums and guard get a bonus season! :blink:

Beat me to the point :lookaround:

while very tied up with indoor stuff...and really in December i dont want to go near drums, i think this could fill a void for those that may have no ties to indoor. might even be perfect for some smaller alumni corps.

but i hope you have huge gyms, because 40 horns in a small gym=pain

It seems like most people on this board are never happy. People say it's okay for amps but not indoor. It's affecting this or that. It's not drum corps because its inside and not outside. What is drum corps anymore. I think anything to keep this dying activity alive is worth trying.

If I had a choice between indoor drum corps and outside with amps, narration and pianos, I'll pick indoor everytime.

hey i said it could fill a void. but the reality is, many people are tied up with many facets of the activity...there is only so much time to use.

but, this could be good. hence why i said it could fill a void.

Today marks a new Day in Drum Corps, Arena Drum Corps will be starting this fall on the East Coast and has been received to so far a few Organizations who hold an interest in being a part of this new Circuit. The New Website is now online and hold the preliminary information as to the cause of this organization. to all who hold an interest in this new performance organization are welcome to contact us for more information. we are currently setting up a meeting date for all units who wish to participate.

Smaller Groups and large crowds will see thhis as a new format for us all to perform as well as the benifits it would hold for recruitment during a corps down time.

For information go to WWW.ArenaDrumCorpsEast.org or Email to ADCEast@Gmail.com

Note: this will be a judged format and will be set in it's own rankings apart from any if not all of the other branches of Drum Corps.

We have 6 months of winter way up here and I know now we have to restart drum corps indoors. We can't do it alone, the more the merrier 'cause competition is what makes it work. Indoor acoustics are awesome. Indoor drum corps activity interests me. Keep us posted. Thanks.