Renegades New Uniform

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The unis is really cool but it really needs an accent color like some silver with mabey

a splash of purple . West point type shako w / silver eagle or whatever and a silver chin

strap and a purple plume , also accent the seven w / silver ? Not hard to do and not expensive.

Another vote that a Black Shako with Tall Black plume would be more striking and powerful looking. (Along with the sunglasses if you really think you still need them. Make you look like Hollywood wantabes.)

Wait a second; shako + plume + sunglasses makes one look all Hollywood?

SoCalDream06.jpg

Okay, yeah, I guess I can accept that.

:big hug:

The new unis look great. While I'm a fan of headgear, I like the image the 'gades have put together, and putting on a shako wouldn't fit that image. But that uniform definitely does. Can't wait to see it on the field.

I don’t know …

I consider the Renegades’ current uniform as a classic, Like the Cabs or Sky. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Although not "broke," the current (or former) uniform has a variety of issues, mainly that its baggy fit literally feels like a giant tent floating around on you as you run yardlines. We tried hemming them up a little bit last season, but they still marred our marching technique because you couldn't clearly see anything but the feet. Also, the uniform was based on a movie that is now 10 years old.....so the ideas of what you can do with an outfit intended for music for one show have kinda ran out.

You may have noticed the last couple years Renegades were wearing medallion-things around their necks. In 07 it fit well due to the vampire theme of the show. But last year, it was specifically to add a flash of color to the uniform. I think they decided after that, that they needed a uniform which could have just enough color to fit the theme, but would be adaptable to any theme they choose.

Although I think their new uni would look great with any kind of headgear, some of their veteran members have vowed to quit if they ever have to wear a hat. In their minds, having to wear a stuffy uncomfortable box on their head was left in the junior corps days. Besides, its easier to see the lead soprano's face turn purple if it isn't covered up:-)

Edited by ussglassman

I think this is going to be the sharpest the corps has looked. It's a really great looking uni.

:big hug:

I like the new uniform. The SEVEN is bold yet subtle. People who know the corps can recognize it right away. Those whodon't probably see it as a new contemporary design. To highlight it in a bold color would only draw the SEVEN out more and might deter from the classiness of it.

I like to no hats concept. I liked it with Empire. Mr. B always thought you should see the performers faces. I agreed with him

On the plus side....no one in your corps will forget their headgear.

I like the new uniform. The SEVEN is bold yet subtle. People who know the corps can recognize it right away. Those whodon't probably see it as a new contemporary design. To highlight it in a bold color would only draw the SEVEN out more and might deter from the classiness of it.

I like to no hats concept. I liked it with Empire. Mr. B always thought you should see the performers faces. I agreed with him

On the plus side....no one in your corps will forget their headgear.

Hopefully they won't forget the uni itself before tour (SoCal Dream's center snare in 05...the busses were about to pull out for NorCal when he realized it....there went the hour cushion we had)

you should see the performers faces

Can you really see someone's face through a euphonium?

Hi gang,

Thanks for the comments.

Uniform design was first sketched by yours truly, refined by Greg Gilman and the rest of our uniform team. The dark "inner seven" is actually Velcro, allowing us to add accent colors. The uniform company is actually creating a number of different "sevens" for us to try.

Out headgear is a pair of black sunglasses. No hat. I totally understand the reasoning behind using a shako, but we reject the conformity of a hat for a variety of reasons - mostly to be different and to show our passion and energy while performing.

I didn't mean to make a big deal about the shako or otherwise...just a "passing fancy!" :big hug: I totally agree that the Renegades style is sunglasses and that is SO cool and I'm glad to have partaking thereof! :sad:

Hi gang,

Thanks for the comments.

Uniform design was first sketched by yours truly, refined by Greg Gilman and the rest of our uniform team. The dark "inner seven" is actually Velcro, allowing us to add accent colors. The uniform company is actually creating a number of different "sevens" for us to try.

Out headgear is a pair of black sunglasses. No hat. I totally understand the reasoning behind using a shako, but we reject the conformity of a hat for a variety of reasons - mostly to be different and to show our passion and energy while performing.

Chris, The uniform is awesome on a lot of levels. I agree about the shako. Besides, the pith helmets you'll be using are much more appropriate.

I'm throwing in my contribution to the "clothe a renegade" fund this morning!!

Let me know if the soon-to-be-retired Nehru jackets end up on eBay.

ron_newuniform.jpg

Edited by Scooter Pirtle