Renegades New Uniform

lol - go Scooter, you're a screech

seriously, there is something to be said for a "minor" influence clean lines will have on visual scores... All of the previously mentioned problems with the flow of the uniform - although sometimes covering up a problem if you're really dirty - do tend to also cover the judges perception of how "clean" you are...

Trust me - Renegades Visual Score just improved... and it would improve more with shakos, but what the hey, you can't have everything...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know if the soon-to-be-retired Nehru jackets end up on eBay.

Want an original Renegades jacket?

Excerpt from new uniform fund page found at: http://www.renegades.org/donate

"As a way of thanking you for your generosity, when you send in your donation of $200 or more by May 1, we will honor your generosity by having you place your very own personal message in each new uniform: a congratulatory message to a current performer, in someone's honor, or simply your name—you decide. You will also receive a beautifully packaged, logo-boxed original Renegades uniform along with a letter of thanks from one of the original 7 Renegades! (Sorry, no ham sandwich included!) :) "

Want an original Renegades jacket? Cough up 200 clams and visit renegades.org/donate!!

Chris, grats on the new uni and continued success. The gauntlets seem a 'lil too phantomy with the flappage, not tight to the wrist IMHO. Maybe dark gray gloves and gauntlets for contrast?

. . . I know, "Shut up, Bermudez!"

ron_newuniform.jpg
I can't stop thinking of the shoe hat from the movie film "Brazil". :tongue:

Trust me - Renegades Visual Score just improved... and it would improve more with shakos, but what the hey, you can't have everything...

LOL!!

Although I wouldn't presume to doubt your opinion re: visual score and shakos, you've been around the DCA block and KNOW what you're talking about...

...if the Empire Statesmen can win DCA without hats, then certainly the Renegades can dare to dream?

:tongue:

Although not "broke," the current (or former) uniform has a variety of issues, mainly that its baggy fit literally feels like a giant tent floating around on you as you run yardlines. We tried hemming them up a little bit last season, but they still marred our marching technique because you couldn't clearly see anything but the feet. Also, the uniform was based on a movie that is now 10 years old.....so the ideas of what you can do with an outfit intended for music for one show have kinda ran out.

Hey, you gotta suffer for true art!

A slightly skewed perspective on the old uniforms hiding your legs:

Back in the day, many corps wore white shoes and had a stripe down the pant leg. Both the white shoes and stripes (and shiny black shoes) as well as the high mark time fell out of favor so as to make it harder for the M and M judges to find tics. The “classic” Renegades uniform would have been another step along that road.

And now you want to make your legs more visible?

Chris, grats on the new uni and continued success. The gauntlets seem a 'lil too phantomy with the flappage, not tight to the wrist IMHO. Maybe dark gray gloves and gauntlets for contrast?

. . . I know, "Shut up, Bermudez!"

I can't stop thinking of the shoe hat from the movie film "Brazil". :tongue:

ron_newuniformShoehat.jpg

Shoe hat has some possibilities. But I think my clear cut favorite would be the "It's only a flesh wound" special:

ron_newuniformhelmet.jpg

Now THAT is Evil. Probably not fun during a day show or a long parade, though.

Shoe hat has some possibilities. But I think my clear cut favorite would be the "It's only a flesh wound" special:

ron_newuniformhelmet.jpg

Now THAT is Evil. Probably not fun during a day show or a long parade, though.

Not to mention a little difficult to get the mouthpiece to the lips!!

They'd seem like the evil twins to the marchung toyu soldiers at Dismalland!

ok so in the larger picture i now realize that is a palm tree. in the mini pics i was wondering why there was a pom-pon there because it is just so NOT evil. :tongue:

Not to mention a little difficult to get the mouthpiece to the lips!!

They'd seem like the evil twins to the marchung toyu soldiers at Dismalland!

Geeze!.....The BSG series ended Friday .....and now it's Renegade Cylons with pom poms....what next? :tongue: