Music from past shows you'd like to hear again

Although I did a quick scan, it's interesting... with all the great Cadet shows they've done, I don't think there's one post with a request to play any of their tunes .... not a crack on them because I'm a fan as well, just curious why...

So, I'll throw one out...

1989 - Les Mis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1971 - IIrc, it was a kind of medley of "Everybody's Talkin'" (the old Harry Nilsson tune) and "Midnight Cowboy." I vaguely remember a bari solo and a soprano screamer.

Great show. "Quiet Village/Rain Chant," with "Baby Elephant Walk" jerry-rigged onto the end of it, (back when you could get away with that kind of programming/repertoire, hahahaha, lol!) was a fun number too. Blue Rock was a good corps, and very progressive for that time period. Definitely ahead of the curve!

Fred O.

'American Salute' was the opener..and their GREAT closer, the Association's "Requiem for the Masses"...the center wheel to get the entire corps over the goal line was very neat.

Hey Mike, Thanks for remembering one of my old early California corps. The Joaquin Caballeros. Do you remember the name of that song?

Was it the old Elvis song - Mexico? :thumbup:

Just a few of my old favorites:

1970 Boston Crusaders - "Conquest"

1968 Des Plaines Vanguard - "Mercy, Mercy"

1968 Toronto Optimists - "Temptation"

1973 Magnificent Yankees - "Hill Where The Lord Hides"

1970 Blue Rock - "Elephant Walk"

1973 St. Rita's Brassman - "Ride of the Valkyries"

1969 Blessed Sacrament - "El Cid"

1968 Racine Kilties - "Auld Lang Syne"

God, I'm old!

I would love to hear more music of Michel Legrand. Maybe film music based on his jazz combo arrangements. He's a great pianist.

BD kind of satisfied me with "I Will Wait For You". BAC disappointed me with "Windmills". VK had a good "Summer of '42". L'insoite did justice to "Umbrellas...". My favorite is 1984 27th Lancers "No Matter What Happens" from "Yentl". I'm really surprised that is 25 years that have elapsed, no corps have done that piece as a ballad. Loved it!

Although I did a quick scan, it's interesting... with all the great Cadet shows they've done, I don't think there's one post with a request to play any of their tunes .... not a crack on them because I'm a fan as well, just curious why...

So, I'll throw one out...

1989 - Les Mis

Oh yeah, I really liked what Cadets did with this. When they did the "Slow-Mo" movement, the crowd would go nuts! I loved the Guards unis too :tongue: