Madison Scouts Announce 2009 Program

There's no better way to tell people your trying to not be abstract and pretentious than tell them your trying to not be abstract and pretentious.

Nice rant. "Your" an English major? Or just jealous?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice rant. "Your" an English major? Or just jealous?

Or maybe a simple typo.

Jealous? Of what? Not trying to be a smart-###. What exactly am I jealous of?

Here's hoping the uniforms are different than last year. Those were downright awful.

The color was almost like camouflage. Those jackets blended (bled?) into the turf. On the other hand, I liked the cut. Maybe keep the style and change the color?

HH

There's no better way to tell people your trying to not be abstract and pretentious than tell them your trying to not be abstract and pretentious.

It's like telling people you don't care when you really do.

Wow. Malaga. Again. It's been since, what, 2004. I understand that corps are allowed to repeat tunes, but the 2nd time in 5 years is a little excessive.

And doing the same show two years in a row isn't excessive? No one gets mad at SCV for doing Phantom of the Opera twice.

And doing the same show two years in a row isn't excessive? No one gets mad at SCV for doing Phantom of the Opera twice.

Actually, there are people who do. They just aren't always so vocal about it, because that kind of opportunity doesn't come up in threads a whole lot, and there have been threads on it in the past. No need to open up new threads to discuss old news...

Or maybe a simple typo.

Jealous? Of what? Not trying to be a smart-###. What exactly am I jealous of?

If Southwind was out I don't think you would spend so much time in the Scout threads taking aim at anything and everything they do...

Why do people put others down??

"It is a learned pattern of behaviour that is triggered when a person feels threatened or sad. The person who is dishing out the abuse feels that they are losing control, and this scares them. They might feel like they are not needed, or losing a person, or feeling that they are going to be left behind. The fear, whatever it is, will be based on a original wound from their childhood.

An event takes place, the person feels afraid and they are motivated to do what they can to try to get the situation back in control. They fight because it is what they learned to do in response to fear.

The feeling of power is very real, it comes as an adrenaline rush of energy...that is because they have just taken energy from the person who is percieved as being the one who is leaving, or taking away, or not needing them. However, unlike the power of goodness and truth, this is based on fear and negative, and it doesn't last. It is an addictive behaviour. The best way to response is with indepence, kindness, empathy and love. Walk away in kindness."

Hmmm I wounder if there is truth in that statement? As for me, I'm don't walk away to well...

(Note to all: April 01, 2009 contrajedi8 of Southwind begins assault posts in Scout threads, 2 and counting)

P.S. Glad to see that the Madison Scouts have announced their 2009 production...anyone else enjoy this fact?

Edited by Cop

same old stuff.

did not dig it in 2008 and not looking forward to it in 2009.

don't forget they were behind TROOPERS, Colts , Spirit , and CROSSMEN for parts or most of last season with this style of programming.

It dosn't matter what they play but how they play it.

AND

they better get a guard.

LL

If Southwind was out I don't think you would spend so much time in the Scout threads taking aim at anything and everything they do...

Why do people put others down??

"It is a learned pattern of behaviour that is triggered when a person feels threatened or sad. The person who is dishing out the abuse feels that they are losing control, and this scares them. They might feel like they are not needed, or losing a person, or feeling that they are going to be left behind. The fear, whatever it is, will be based on a original wound from their childhood.

An event takes place, the person feels afraid and they are motivated to do what they can to try to get the situation back in control. They fight because it is what they learned to do in response to fear.

The feeling of power is very real, it comes as an adrenaline rush of energy...that is because they have just taken energy from the person who is percieved as being the one who is leaving, or taking away, or not needing them. However, unlike the power of goodness and truth, this is based on fear and negative, and it doesn't last. It is an addictive behaviour. The best way to response is with indepence, kindness, empathy and love. Walk away in kindness."

Hmmm I wounder if there is truth in that statement? As for me, I'm don't walk away to well...

(Note to all: April 01, 2009 contrajedi8 of Southwind begins assault posts in Scout threads, 2 and counting)

P.S. Glad to see that the Madison Scouts have announced their 2009 production...anyone else enjoy this fact?

Ah, of course, I knew good ol' ad hominem would sneak into this thread.

You're absolutely right. Contrajedi must be motivated by deep, unresolved issues from childhood. That's why he doesn't like this announcement. . . Riiiiiiiiiiight.