Lucas Oil Stadium Could Close

I liked Bloomington! Let's go back!

Ditto

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents... I think the next couple years are going to be key to seeing if this plan to host finals in the same location works, but my guess is that it might not. Summer and DCI is different than winter and BOA. For me to take my family would mean we would have to spend every summer vacation in Indianapolis over the next several years. I could see going one, maybe two summers over the next five to ten years, but that's it. When finals were held in different cities there was incentive to go because it was always different and with new hings to explore. There are only so many times a family can visit IMS, the Indy Zoo and Broadripple.

Gotta agree with you there. Finals has been our family vacation as well...I can see us spending less time there and going to less shows...or even skipping a couple years altogether...

after all, I do get to see them all in Allentown...

My two cents... I think the next couple years are going to be key to seeing if this plan to host finals in the same location works, but my guess is that it might not. Summer and DCI is different than winter and BOA. For me to take my family would mean we would have to spend every summer vacation in Indianapolis over the next several years. I could see going one, maybe two summers over the next five to ten years, but that's it. When finals were held in different cities there was incentive to go because it was always different and with new hings to explore. There are only so many times a family can visit IMS, the Indy Zoo and Broadripple.

Furthermore, I think DCI is going to alienate us west coast folks. It was bad enough hat we were teased with two championships in '04 and '07, but now we won't see any for at least another 20 years. And anyone that thinks the 2013 show is going anywhere but Madison is off his rocker.

Madison would be the #1 fallback if nothing else works. but...yeah, no offense to Indy people, goiing there every year would be boring.

Two more words: No Parking

free shuttle or cab. never an issue

Madison would be the #1 fallback if nothing else works. but...yeah, no offense to Indy people, goiing there every year would be boring.

Chicago; no offense to Rochester...oops i'm in the wrong thread...bye

Furthermore, I think DCI is going to alienate us west coast folks. It was bad enough hat we were teased with two championships in '04 and '07, but now we won't see any for at least another 20 years.

Two West Coast championships? I only count one. It's 1000 miles from Denver to Pasadena so it's a bit of a stretch to claim Denver as a West Coast location.

If West Coast fans weren't alienated by the first 35 years without championships near them, I doubt the next ten years are going turn them off to the activity.

Not to mention that stadium owners =/= NFL teams. I seriously don't think that the Colts are getting any money from DCI, the group that owns/operates the stadium is.

Actually, they will. According to the Indy Star, Colt's receive half of gate costs for any event held in Lucas Oil. Add this to the $5 million from the CIB and you get the NFL franchise with the highest net profit from their stadium. Even the IHSAA is questioning whether they will be able to afford State HS Football Championships in the venue because the Colts still receive gate costs from them.

Chicago; no offense to Rochester...oops i'm in the wrong thread...bye

Thank you for pointing this out!

What on earth convinces people to go to Rochester, NY year after year? Arent DCA finals growing? And if you want to talk about geographical friendliness for an activity to grow, DCA finals aint.

Edited by shostahoosier

Could they really close a stadium just like that after it was just built? And if they did that, would they lose their football team?

yes, they would go back to Baltimore....