Uniform Changes for 2009

Heard awhile back, (from a reliable source), that Blue Stars are changing to solid blue pants. Dunno if they're still doing that or if its even true though.

Will there be hot pants?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine that in light of the current economic state of the world that there will be too many wholesale uniform changes. Accents and accessories yes, wholesale changes? No. And as for Santa Clara, or Blue Stars, Madison and Bluecoats getting new gear... Why should they? There is nothing wrong with the gear they have and it is all new within the last 2-3 seasons. A total waste of money if they get new gear IMHO. Back when I marched (yes I do realise that this makes me sound like a bitter dinosaur, which I swear that I am not!) we did not get new duds every couple of years. We kept the same look for many years. Heck, I reckon my Cadet my age out year was at least 10 years old! We also had much lower tour fees because the corps wasn't spending ridiculous amounts of money on unnecessary expenses!

I have heard that also...

I'll give it a chance, but I really liked the unis the way they were last year

i'm also one of the few that liked the look from last season, i'm more than willing to give any uni a chance, i will probably like the bolts as long as they dont get tacky

Relax, corps don't pay for uniforms, they're all sponsored.

Are you saying that the sponsors are sponsoring the corps for uniforms and nothing else, would not give the money if it were used say to reduce tour costs to the members? Or is it all fungible?

Scouts' uniforms will be the same except for added "color" in the form of lightning bolts on their uniforms.

Yeah, but according to you Madison is also downsizing the hornline... I'm amazed that you would know both of these facts before members that talk to the staff on a regular basis would. (Yes, I'm questioning your credibility)

I cant stand Regiment in Black. It makes it harder to see their drill and limits their visual creativity. Plus, I would seriously hate to be marching in Black during a day show or a parade. The White uni's are classy, I say keep'em.

How exactly do black uniforms limit visual creativity? How do white uniforms expand their visual creativity?

Are you saying that the sponsors are sponsoring the corps for uniforms and nothing else, would not give the money if it were used say to reduce tour costs to the members? Or is it all fungible?

The uniform company says:

"Hey, we'll give you free uniforms if we can use you for advertising our stuff to marching bands, like 'The Bluecoats choose Stanbury'"

How exactly do black uniforms limit visual creativity? How do white uniforms expand their visual creativity?

White is like a clean sheet of paper... you can add any color to the canvas and create from scratch. With black, you've already set a dark tone which is nearly impossible to move away from. There is no light, no opportunity to escape the dark atmosphere that's been created. Now applying this to a drum corps show, white gives more options for adding color to both the visual and musical presentations. Let's take last year for example, I'm not sure that Regiment in all black uni's would have had as dramatic an impact as it did in white. There were certain parts of the show where black definitely would have worked. But there are obvious parts of the show that it wouldn't have worked. Personally I like the feel-good, goose-bump endings that Regiment produces. If I were a designer, I would want the white uni's.

From a technical standpoint, I have a difficult time "seeing" a corps in all black uniforms from a drill/visual standpoint. The all black tens to blend into the field making the forms are a little more difficult to see.

Edited by Newseditor44