World Guards Folding?

GuarDiva09

This just in (from Robby himself!)

<<Although we will not have 3 guards next year (I think we'd go insane!) we will not be folding either. NEi has no intention of folding anytime soon and we're looking forward to the upcoming season. Rivercity Ind. will also be out and competiting in IO, as of now. We're hoping to host a clinic in the Orlando area, as we have for many years, but we're still working out facilities and logistics, etc. I'm sure we'll advertise on our website soon.>>

Always good to hear from the horses mouth :shutup:

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cha-ching! $$$$! :lle:

from the department of :"somebody's gotta pay for all this"!

times are tough and getting tougher for the independents even those who have been very comfortable in the past..........recently the performers in an unamed but very "dignified" world class guard have had their dues increased from about $600.00 dollars a season to $1,000! :lle:

...and many ind class guards have dues much higher some approaching $1,500.00 and up. :tongue:

Edited by dugg

i had a nightmare that the year was 2015,due to rising costs of competitive winter guard every independant world class guard [btw,there were only 4 of them remaining]performed on a plain white or black floor wearing nothing but basic black dance unitard's,no props what-so-ever and no one traveled outside a 50 mile radius untill finals in dayton oh.. :satisfied:

Edited by dugg

Dugg:

Personally? I think guards SHOULD perform on a plain white or black floor, basic black uniforms and no props whatsoever. That would certainly level the playing field! Everyone starts out with the same thing! The only thing that's different is music and equipment work.

That would separate 'the men from the boys'!

I wholeheartedly agree! Expose that dirty movement guards have been hiding when their costumes match the floor too much.

Dugg:

Personally? I think guards SHOULD perform on a plain white or black floor, basic black uniforms and no props whatsoever. That would certainly level the playing field! Everyone starts out with the same thing! The only thing that's different is music and equipment work.

and bore everyone visually to death....but i do think it would elimate some on the top thats for sure or switch things around

Dugg:

Kinda sucks the "color" out of colorguard though, doesn't it?

I head that USF and FIU might be folding as well. Not sure if its true though. I heard that Michael Shapiro is moving to Florida. Does anyone know What he will be up to there?

Michael is overseas with a Guard called Mayflower. Rumor is they will be competing at WGI in the spring.