The Official INT 2009 Discussion thread

I heard their opener is going to be the Porta-Pot Scramble. Don't shoot the messenger!

once again brent becker's uniform designs are top notch...way to go!!!

Just happened to catch them rehearsing their night show.

INTNightShow.jpg

Just stunning, isn't it?

Puppet

It's kinda like that one scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade- think how they made the bridge look "invisible" from a straight-on angle.

Kind of off topic, but there was an amazing WGI Percussion Scholastic World group this year who did a Garden of Eden show. They had a floor that looked 'leafy' (silk screened, not painted), and the members dressed in costumes that matched the floor and tree backdrops. There were times when they would literally disappear by blending in with everything.

Very cool show, and an amazing way to bring focus to certain sections of the line/show.

And they won gold.

Kind of off topic, but there was an amazing WGI Percussion Scholastic World group this year who did a Garden of Eden show. They had a floor that looked 'leafy' (silk screened, not painted), and the members dressed in costumes that matched the floor and tree backdrops. There were times when they would literally disappear by blending in with everything.

Very cool show, and an amazing way to bring focus to certain sections of the line/show.

And they won gold.

That's not really off topic at all: A lot of the instructors for that group work with INT in the summer.

And that is why it will still be funny to me.

GO INT

Lets face it, what would a Drum Corps show be without Int ?

I think they are welcome reprieve. Int rarely fails to get their fans up and out of their seats at shows too.

Int is a great change of pace from other corps, though sometimes, theyre just my hot dog corps.

I have to say, as a member of the INT Booster Club, that I'm very disappointed in DCI right now. Earlier this winter, I wrote DCI asking how we could get our own block of Super Premium seats to sell to our top donors, as well as a seat on the board and a vote at DCI Rules Congresses, and DCI ignored my guts. Not even the courtesy of a reply. It's just typical of the second-class treatment this corps receives up and down the line.

I pointed out that INT has a long record of being seeded as high as fourth from the top, at local shows, and even sixth from the top at some finals shows not too long ago. Still nothing.

I would like to personally wish INT the best in 2009. The world record for the most hot dogs ever eaten during a corps performance will surely be broken once again this year. With the staff, show concept and new uniforms in place, it's sure to be one heart attack of a show.

GO INT!!!

Int will continue to perform despite this criticism.

Some people will just never get it.

And for those of us who DO get it, INT lives on in our hearts and our souls, stimulating our brainwaves and caressing our angst-ridden countenances. INT is the great equalizer of drum corps fans. It comes for all, whether desired or not. INT cannot be fought, it can only be appreciated, and the more one gives in to INT, the more one will appreciate it for what it is.

INT is the soft cry of a baby as it's taken to a diaper change station. INT is the rumbling of one's intestines two hours after one too many hot dogs, as well as the gentle rushing of water when urinals flush.

INT is the common denominator can only be divided by the number "1."

INT will endure despite the criticisms. It is too much a part of our drum corps culture to do anything but.

Champions may come and go, but INT remains our only constant.