The Official INT 2009 Discussion thread

I edited because I sad something quite mean and thought I'd tone it down. Basically, I said you all perpetuate the stereotype that people who play musical instruments in band-type organizations are nerds. You know - there IS more to life than drum corps. This INT thing screams desperation to talk about this activity even when there's really not much to talk about - i.e. the off season. Perhaps get out and see the world. It's a big world out there. Peace.

Me? I haven't marched since '72. Flew a B52 over Vietnam. Wrote and produced TV and Radio Commercials Acted, Sang, Played in a major Symphony Orchestra 1st Horn in "F" raised two children both of whom are teachers Lived all that time in NYC (That's New York City, State Of New York United States of America. Oh, did I mention I've traveled all over the world?! From the time I was about 2 years old until 12 I was in Germany, (learned to ski in Austria, went to the Brussels World's Fair (The Atomium was awesome ... it's still there, BTW!) when I was 8 (had my very first cup of tea and slept in hotel room for the first time. We flew back on a TWA Constellation (look it up!) with a stop over in Iceland (Land of the Midnight Sun.) Went to Music & Art High School grew up in the single greatest city in the world (did I mention NYC?) marched with two great corps, met my wife to be (proposed to her in a little restaurant called "Windows On The World" (which, if you're up on your history, is no longer with us - you may have missed that with you head stuck in Rush Limbaugh's butt - hard to hear in there, I'm told!) I'd still be working running all over the place scouting locations and running casting calls and auditions and so forth ... but I had a stroke sometime during the first week of February of this year (they say it was the 9th but I don't really remember) and I've been stuck in this d**m hospital for almost 3 months and you know what's weird? When I came out of it I laughed at the absurdity of it all! You see, I still have my sense of humor and I can laugh! And I found out that not only have I retained my intellect, I can be a real wise-a**, too! INT is a rich source of laughter, wacky innuendo, a way to subtly knock DCI and when a thread like this is populated with people like you I nearly laugh myself right out of this bed! So thank you. When I can, I will take my sorry 58-year old butt to every show I can and look forward to enjoying every INT presentation offered by this amazing, unsung hero of drum corps. And all you'll have to look forward to is your own pomposity. And that makes me laugh.

All the best on your world travels, Puppet.

Me? I haven't marched since '72. Flew a B52 over Vietnam. Wrote and produced TV and Radio Commercials Acted, Sang, Played in a major Symphony Orchestra 1st Horn in "F" raised two children both of whom are teachers Lived all that time in NYC (That's New York City, State Of New York United States of America. Oh, did I mention I've traveled all over the world?! From the time I was about 2 years old until 12 I was in Germany, (learned to ski in Austria, went to the Brussels World's Fair (The Atomium was awesome ... it's still there, BTW!) when I was 8 (had my very first cup of tea and slept in hotel room for the first time. We flew back on a TWA Constellation (look it up!) with a stop over in Iceland (Land of the Midnight Sun.) Went to Music & Art High School grew up in the single greatest city in the world (did I mention NYC?) marched with two great corps, met my wife to be (proposed to her in a little restaurant called "Windows On The World" (which, if you're up on your history, is no longer with us - you may have missed that with you head stuck in Rush Limbaugh's butt - hard to hear in there, I'm told!) I'd still be working running all over the place scouting locations and running casting calls and auditions and so forth ... but I had a stroke sometime during the first week of February of this year (they say it was the 9th but I don't really remember) and I've been stuck in this d**m hospital for almost 3 months and you know what's weird? When I came out of it I laughed at the absurdity of it all! You see, I still have my sense of humor and I can laugh! And I found out that not only have I retained my intellect, I can be a real wise-a**, too! INT is a rich source of laughter, wacky innuendo, a way to subtly knock DCI and when a thread like this is populated with people like you I nearly laugh myself right out of this bed! So thank you. When I can, I will take my sorry 58-year old butt to every show I can and look forward to enjoying every INT presentation offered by this amazing, unsung hero of drum corps. And all you'll have to look forward to is your own pomposity. And that makes me laugh.

FTW. I nominate you for the "Spirit of INT" award. Consistent yet never stale. Always there. Bold yet humble. Never attends recaps.

You win my friend.

You win. :worthy::smile: :smile:

FTW. I nominate you for the "Spirit of INT" award. Consistent yet never stale. Always there. Bold yet humble. Never attends recaps.
You win my friend.

You win. :worthy::smile: :smile:

It's really not nice to corps bash.

Thank you. IMO corps bashing is just wrong. Of course, I was going to go off on the the "90210" thing but that would have been personal.

INT fans don't roll like that.

Puppet

Ok. Not trying to highjack here. But enough with this INT crap. It's not funny anymore. It used to be. Then it got driven into the ground. It's like Family Guy. It used to be funny. Now it's just tragic and lame.

I firmly disagree. Family Guy remains hillarious to this day.

If DCI came out with an INT t-shirt, would you buy one?

Oh, yeah!

I'd get a jacket, too!

Or a hat.

Puppet

If DCI came out with an INT t-shirt, would you buy one?

LOL, I'd be all over that. Nobody would know what the hell it means except us, but I don't care :tongue: