Last minute openings

And that's why you work hard in high school, get good grades, and get good scholarships to college to help relieve some of that burden, as well!

BINGO! We have a winner!

My daughters tuition for next fall: $4,665.

Her scholarships: $4,700. :tongue::devil::smile:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's why you work hard in high school, get good grades, and get good scholarships to college to help relieve some of that burden, as well!

or just be a minority. same deal.

I won't bother to cut/paste/respond every comment I want to. I'll just say that is has been my experience that many kids that quit at this point in the year either got in over their head, or didn't budget/save monies properly.

Most corps give kids the $$ requirements early, and many kids wait until spring and hope that a few grand magically appears from somewhere. Many members also neglect getting in shape and their bodies fail when rehearsal becomes more and more frequent.

Also, some members just have no idea of the real commitment needed until spring. They find themselves starring up at a giant mountain that they must climb and they back away. Ideally kids that can't manage corps will leave in the winter, but it is better to leave in spring than on tour (which happens anyway).

Such is life.....some decisions are hard to make. Some kids stick it out and others cut and run. Others take different opportunities (couch, job, girlfriend, beach). The key from a corps perspective is to KNOW this happens every season a be prepared with contingencies....such as alternates or being prepared to change drill.

from twitter-

TheCadets: "Tuba positions available in the 2009 Cadets hornline. Obligations May 15th thru August 9th. Write to justin@yea.org for more information" ...about 1 hour ago from web

BINGO! We have a winner!

My daughters tuition for next fall: $4,665.

Her scholarships: $4,700. :tongue::devil::smile:

A good friend of mine is a single mom whose daughter is just completing her first year at Harvard. She got a HUGE scholarship. My friend was paying around 5K for each semester...tuition, room and board! Well, it came time to pay the 5K for the spring semester and the school just told her "never mind!!!" She had gotten a 4.0 for the fall semster (Bio major...pre-med), so the school waived ALL of her costs for spring! :smile:

I'm a "minority", and I assure you that the quota of non-whites that get the "same deal" that the "majority" get-- work just as hard to get an exceptional education as well.

You are correct. Different funding options for minorities, like UNCF, can help offset the financial part. But, once accepted and in the classroom, you still have to do the work. Just like drum corps. You may get sponsorship, or work your tail off in the off-season, but when the feet hit the turf you still have to do the work.

Garry in Vegas

YOU: or just be a minority. same deal.

really?

Edited by Cop