Best uniforms of all times

My understanding was their unis were made out of actual buckskins; thus hot as hell.

The Hamm's Indians uniforms were cared for by Gordan Displays Inc. in Minneapolis. Betty Kaufer was in charge of hand cleaning all those buckskin uniforms. She is quoted in the drum corps record book, "I clean the buckskin by hand once a year because no commercial cleaners can do them without damaging the beads."

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD 08

Scouts

The BAC uniform I wore in the early '90s looked, felt, and smelled like it had been worn in the late '60s. I was told to rub toothpaste into all the white piping to get rid of the hue, before the next inspection. BTW - that doesn't work. Still ... I would not have worn any other than the black and red.

I can guarantee I wasn't the first to were the one I wore in 1969! :blink:

I am eternally greatful to Jimmy Centorino for his invatation to join BAC and equally grateful for the honor and privledge to wear the "Black-N-Red". (40 years ago!) :blink:

My Favorite Uniforms:

Bridgemen (Yellow Coats and Black Hats)

Blue Devils (in the 80's)

Freelancers (before that strange 85 uni)

Sun Coast Sound

27th Lancers

Madison Scouts (in the 80's)

Sky Ryders (when they had the blackStetson, White Shirt, Vest and Black Pants)

Madison's 70's and early 80's uniforms were nicknamed the Janitor's uniforms. I think they actually purchased the pants and shirts from a Uniform company catering to Janitors. Very funny. Who would have thought a janitors uniform would have looked so good on a football field.

Madison's 70's and early 80's uniforms were nicknamed the Janitor's uniforms. I think they actually purchased the pants and shirts from a Uniform company catering to Janitors. Very funny. Who would have thought a janitors uniform would have looked so good on a football field.

I'm not sure about the early 80s, but in the 70s the Scout's uniforms were authentic Explorer Scout uniforms, purchased from BSA. The shirts and pants came with the the old envelop caps, trimmed in dark

redish-brown. "Explorer" was emblazoned in redish-brown above the left shirt pocket. BTW, my all-time favortie Scout uni is 1981-1982--white ties and citation cords. That uni screams Scouts!

The Madison "janitor" uniform reminds me that when Phantom got rid of their cadet uniforms after the 1974 season, they bought white waiters' jackets from a food industry supplier. That was the beginning of their legendary white look.

I recently posted a prototype model of that uniform is the corps photos area.

3. SCV 70's (red tunics/green pants)
third . . *sigh*

the white bucs really made it, black sox made 'em pop.

I remember how people were surprised at how "cheap" the tunics seemed up close. They were made of polyester sewn by the corps moms. They also made the gauntlets I beeleev. Some people were surprised the stars were plastic . .

The pants were wool uni pants.

How cool and ahead of their time were Prince?

prndr63.jpg