Drums Along the Strip

do they have slot machines in the stands?

It turns out that one of the anchors of that station was marching in corps at that time. Don't know for sure with who though.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It turns out that one of the anchors of that station was marching in corps at that time. Don't know for sure with who though.

You mean Casey Smith?

Sorry for no updates during the show guys. Here's the quick update:

BD won the audience voting.

The specifics will but up at drumsalongthestrip.com I'm guessing tomorrow.

The show itself was quite nice. Decent size crowd for the first show in Vegas since 1981.

I personally didn't see the first three corps on, so I can't comment on them.

Bluecoats sounded great tonight, especially the ballad. Visually I'd say they are around where they were the last time I saw them (Stockton webcast).

I thought BD was powerful and had a very good balance tonight. They looked good and it was nice to finally see them live!

Encore was Bluecoats playing their opener, followed by BD playing theirs. Bluecoats then played the end of their show I believe and BD played "When A Man Loves a Woman," which I think might have been my favorite tune of the night.

There were some small changes in BD's show from what I saw that were nice touches and created some cool moments.

Don't really remember too many things different in the Bluecoats' show.

Overall a great night, good weather, and a most welcomed show in the desert. Hope they come back next year!

Decent size crowd = about 400-500 people.

The show itself was ok. I felt most corps were flat, more than likely due to the complete lack of energy coming from the stands.

I left before the encore, so I didn't get to see that.

I wish the folks at Danny Boy Productions well in keeping this show going, but if tonight was any indication, they have a lot of work to do.

Hmmmm...I used to have a picture of Casey in his Troopers uniform from 1978. Must look for it...

Garry in Vegas

Sorry for no updates during the show guys. Here's the quick update:

BD won the audience voting.

The specifics will but up at drumsalongthestrip.com I'm guessing tomorrow.

The show itself was quite nice. Decent size crowd for the first show in Vegas since 1981.

I personally didn't see the first three corps on, so I can't comment on them.

Bluecoats sounded great tonight, especially the ballad. Visually I'd say they are around where they were the last time I saw them (Stockton webcast).

I thought BD was powerful and had a very good balance tonight. They looked good and it was nice to finally see them live!

Encore was Bluecoats playing their opener, followed by BD playing theirs. Bluecoats then played the end of their show I believe and BD played "When A Man Loves a Woman," which I think might have been my favorite tune of the night.

There were some small changes in BD's show from what I saw that were nice touches and created some cool moments.

Don't really remember too many things different in the Bluecoats' show.

Overall a great night, good weather, and a most welcomed show in the desert. Hope they come back next year!

Thanks for that, but what about the other three corps at the show?

Garry in Vegas

Hmmmm...I used to have a picture of Casey in his Troopers uniform from 1978. Must look for it...

Garry in Vegas

This is the only uniform I ever saw him in :thumbup:

This is the only uniform I ever saw him in :thumbup:

Do you mind if I send that picture to him?

Garry in Vegas