Who would like a DCA Unit from maine?

haha

Maine Attraction- and everyone needs Hair Bear hairdos instead of shakos/helmets/plumes, etc. :tongue::-)

We have a winterguard with that name. Im hoping to make contact with that group for a future contact and or future guard members.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a winterguard with that name. Im hoping to make contact with that group for a future contact and or future guard members.

OK if that name (Maine Attraction) is taken. here's one for you.

"MaineLiners" (done kind of like the way "CorpsVets" do theirs). So if done out of Portland, area it could be that some might come out of coastal Hew Hampshire or even north Mass.

But, I do think you smart to start out with a mini Corps. Get some things together and GROW from that. Maybe make it to a few shows and exhibitions first.

Edited by OldStyleCorps

OK if that name (Maine Attraction) is taken. here's one for you.

"MaineLiners" (done kind of like the way "CorpsVets" do theirs).

But, I do think you smart to start out with a mini Corps. Get some things together and GROW from that. Maybe make it to a few shows and exhibitions first.

that is my plans small and steady and grow. We did lots of parades when i marched with A.G great for getting out there!

Since the spartans left are their ANY DCI corps left in New England besides BAC?

Only issue I could see with another NE corps in DCA would be competing with the Manchester Muchachos and Hurricanes for membership. Other than that, go for it!

Since the spartans left are their ANY DCI corps left in New England besides BAC?

Only issue I could see with another NE corps in DCA would be competing with the Manchester Muchachos and Hurricanes for membership. Other than that, go for it!

Maine's QUITE a bit away from the Hurricanes, actually. Think Hawthorne to, say, Baltimore.

And there's at least one DCI participant left in New England, btw - Your host for the July 18 show, the Citations!

The only thing I'd worry about, though, is if the ex-ECJ folks get something up and running, it might get a little more difficult (maybe?) for two essentially brand-new groups to recruit.

Bottom line, though ? More corps = :tongue:

Edited by grenadasmoothie

5 hours from Danbury, CT to Portland, ME.

my records show Warriors from Lewiston ME came in 15th in 1986 and Marching Ambassadors also from Lewiston came in 18th in 1987

BAC is more Florida than Boston

BAC is more Florida than Boston

I remember the "Maine Event" - how can you forget a corps name like that?