World/Open Class or DCA Corsp Near Maryland

Germantown, MD is about 250 miles from Johnstown, Pa. You might be thinking of Chambersburg, PA, where they will be debuting their show.

Yeah, Cadets and Crossmen used to give a pre-season exhibition at Gettysburg, PA as part of the weekend Brass Band Festival. Unfortunatly, the DC portion has been discontinued.

Chambersburg was a DCA show in 2007/2008 Before that there hadn't been any show for decades. Should be interesting to see what happens with the switch to DCI this year. We went to the DCA shows and it was a full, appreciative crowd both years.

It's getting close to the season, and assuming that you're not planning on marching this year, you might want to contact Capital Regiment. This year they had a bus running out of the Virginia Beach area transporting kids back and forth to their camps in Columbus OH. Just a thought. Good luck with any corps that you choose. :smile:

Germantown, MD is about 250 miles from Johnstown, Pa. You might be thinking of Chambersburg, PA, where they will be debuting their show.

Maybe I am. I had a long day. A very long day.

Maybe I am. I had a long day. A very long day.

The Raiders have seen and increase in membership from South Jersey, MD, & DE over the last 2 years.

From Baltimore (approx driving):

Surf = 2.5hrs

Cadets = 2.0 hrs

Coats = 6.5hrs

Bucs = 2.5 hrs

Crown = 8.0 hrs

I don't know how you drive or what directions you've got but it only takes me about 5, 5.5 hours to get to Canton from DC.

Maybe he is including the terrible metro area traffic because i've had my 5 hour trip turn into an 8 hour one due to one accident.

Thanks for the many suggestions. I've noticed there are quite a few I was unaware of in Jersey (not just Surf, which for personal reasons I don't think I could ever march).

There are a few Corps here I'll be looking into next fall. Thanks.