OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

Gosh, I would not hate to be a Man of Madison the next 3 days ! The last 2 days they will be makin' more headway on the show at one of the best fields I have ever been on. Sleepin' on carpet with air conditioning, and eatin' like the Kings they are ! Oh, and they will have hot water in the showers !

Bill

"POW"

Carpet?!? Air Conditioning!?! Food!?!

Whose idea were THOSE????

Go SCOUTS!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and no yellow water that tastes like mineral water with ALL the minerals (including dirt) in it... and no bats under the stands in the gymnasium... and big mutant bugs the size of golf balls flying around at night... and some crazy football team that shows up for practice at o6oo and parades their way through the gymnasium even before Scott can walk through and do his "soft part of the William Tell Overture" wake up whistling... and some weird looking fungus laden floor of the locker room where you do get to take cold showers... and toilets with no stalls around them or doors missing so everyone can look in on you and say things like: "hey, what's going on?" or "Hey how ya doin'?" ...

etc etc... and so on and so forth...

:tongue:

Edited by GGarrett

...and no yellow water that tastes like mineral water with ALL the minerals (including dirt) in it... and no bats under the stands in the gymnasium... and big mutant bugs the size of golf balls flying around at night... and some crazy football team that shows up for practice at o6oo and parades their way through the gymnasium even before Scott can walk through and do his "soft part of the William Tell Overture" wake up whistling... and some weird looking fungus laden floor of the locker room where you do get to take cold showers... and toilets with no stalls around them or doors missing so everyone can look in on you and say things like: "hey, what's going on?" or "Hey how ya doin'?" ...

those were the days...

etc etc... and so on and so forth...

:doh:

....And cold cereal in a Dixie cup, deeeelish!......without any milk of course!.....Or maybe you got lucky and got one of those "bonus" Spaulding peaches hard enough to bust your front teeth out!......I think our caloric intake on average was, I don't know, maybe 10 on a good day!..........And showers?......what showers?......Oh, you mean that pipe coming out of the wall that dribbled some cold, brown, smelly liquid on your head?......And sleep, forget-a-bout-it! Oh sure, we always heard stories about the Dev's or Santa Clara staying in posh surroundings. Nope, not us, that kind of stuff just made you soft! No sir, when we were in the South, there was nothing as sweet as Roach Hotel High for the Men of Madison where you literally got carried off to a new location in the middle of the night and where you almost drowned in you own sweat by morning.

Yes sir, wouldn't trade the experience for anything!.........and if I could, I'd do it again tomorrow!

At 1:45 am. all the Madison Scouts are fast asleep on the carpet on the Murray High School floors. As I walked by the door were they all lay I could hear ................. "POW"..........."POW" ........... "POW" ............going through veins................

Bill

"POW"

Edited by Bill L.

At 1:45 am. all the Madison Scouts are fast asleep on the carpet on the Murray High School floors. As I walked by the door were they all lay I could hear ................. "POW"..........."POW" ........... "POW" ............going through veins................

Bill

"POW"

So you're up at 1:45 a.m. still shukin' corn??

Thanks for everything you do Bill. Tell the men that the ride guy misses them.

POW!

My son is currently in the corp. We live in Tennesse and this is our only time toget a chance to see him before finals week. I was planning on coming to Murray, Ky on Wednesday. I am confused. Will they be at Murray High School or Murray State. HELP! I have tried to contact my son but you know how that goes. Information is spotty at best. Please let me know where I will be able to meet up with the corp at say lunch time.

THANKS so much!!!!!! :worthy::doh::doh:

My son is currently in the corp. We live in Tennesse and this is our only time toget a chance to see him before finals week. I was planning on coming to Murray, Ky on Wednesday. I am confused. Will they be at Murray High School or Murray State. HELP! I have tried to contact my son but you know how that goes. Information is spotty at best. Please let me know where I will be able to meet up with the corp at say lunch time.

THANKS so much!!!!!! :worthy::doh::doh:

They are housing at:

Murray HS

501 Doran Road

Murray, KY 42071

They will rehearse at the HS in the mornings there then shuttle over to Murray State University stadium in the afternoon and evenings for full corps rehearsals at a very nice facility.