OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

Awesome! Rehearsal days were never FUN, per sê...but then again, neither were "first day of the month basics block" when Ivan was on tour. The only good part of a stretch of rehearsal days (to me, at least) was coming off the field dog-tired, but having that satisfying feeling of accomplishment...like you really made some progress. That's a feeling well-earned after such strenuous work. Good luck, men. :tongue:

Go Scouts!!! POW!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2009 Madison Scouts - You Inspire Me

I had the priviledge and honor of traveling with the Scouts from San Antonio to Murray KY.  In all my 54 years I have never been more tired, more stiff and sore from sleeping on the Suvee truck and gym floors.  But I also have never been more excited about what I saw in a bunch of young men on a mission.  Never once did I hear any corp member complain, every member I talked with was upbeat and determined to be their best - for us.  More than once I saw neccesity be the mother of invention (Team Tarp). 

Last night we fed this crew in the pouring rain at Murray State. The rain hit hard at the exact moment for dinner, taking down our setup and moving was impossible. - then I watched one volunteer after another pop up unbrellas and cover the food table so the corp and staff could have dry food - BRILLIANT!!  Oh - I no longer have use of arm movement above my head - but I think that will come back eventually!  Team Tarp was a group of about 16 corp members that went through the line with a tarp over their heads - and sat on the wet ground in same mannor to eat a tasty meal of chicken and pork tenderloin that was to die for! Tracie, I cannot wait to see your pics.

To the loyal fans of Madison Scouts - these guys are busting their butts to fine tune this show and give you their very best, they can use your very best support in return, and they know you will be behind them coming down the home stretch.

To the staff and volunteers, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this family, it meant a lot to me to be able to help out in some small way on my sons age out tour.

A special thanks to Bill L. and Tracie, and all your friends that gave of your southern hospitality so these guys could have a great meal. 

To Charlie, Mike, Chef Dave, Loretta, Anita, Martin, Jeff, Lee, Claire, Dan, Sandy, Stanley, Andrew and anyone else who has volunteered for these guys this season - THANK YOU and see you in Indy.

One last note - I sat 10 rows up on the fifty yard line for the Scouts San Antonio show and had my face ripped off like the guy sitting in the Memorex commercial.  AWSOME!!!

GO SCOUTS!!!                      

POW!!                                   

BYBO

Edited by MadSop844

2009 Madison Scouts - You Inspire Me

I had the priviledge and honor of traveling with the Scouts from San Antonio to Murray KY.  In all my 54 years I have never been more tired, more stiff and sore from sleeping on the Suvee truck and gym floors.  But I also have never been more excited about what I saw in a bunch of young men on a mission.  Never once did I hear any corp member complain, every member I talked with was upbeat and determined to be their best - for us.  More than once I saw neccesity be the mother of invention (Team Tarp). 

Last night we fed this crew in the pouring rain at Murray State. The rain hit hard at the exact moment for dinner, taking down our setup and moving was impossible. - then I watched one volunteer after another pop up unbrellas and cover the food table so the corp and staff could have dry food - BRILLIANT!!  Oh - I no longer have use of arm movement above my head - but I think that will come back eventually!  Team Tarp was a group of about 16 corp members that went through the line with a tarp over their heads - and sat on the wet ground in same mannor to eat a tasty meal of chicken and pork tenderloin that was to die for! Tracie, I cannot wait to see your pics.

To the loyal fans of Madison Scouts - these guys are busting their butts to fine tune this show and give you their very best, they can use your very best support in return, and they know you will be behind them coming down the home stretch.

To the staff and volunteers, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this family, it meant a lot to me to be able to help out in some small way on my sons age out tour.

A special thanks to Bill L. and Tracie, and all your friends that gave of your southern hospitality so these guys could have a great meal. 

To Charlie, Mike, Chef Dave, Loretta, Anita, Martin, Jeff, Lee, Claire, Dan, Sandy, Stanley, Andrew and anyone else who has volunteered for these guys this season - THANK YOU and see you in Indy.

One last note - I sat 10 rows up on the fifty yard line for the Scouts San Antonio show and had my face ripped off like the guy sitting in the Memorex commercial.  AWSOME!!!

GO SCOUTS!!!                      

POW!!                                   

BYBO

Yesterday was fun . . . . "we made it through the rain . ."

Today, the forecast improved . . . much better conditions for marching on the astroturf. Looks like there will be much more opportunity to be on the field than during yesterday's deluge.

We leave Murray tonight for Murfreesboro - time to hit the road once again :thumbup:

GO SCOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess when they walked through the storm they held their heads up high.

Aw come on, don't blame me, someone had to say it.

I guess when they walked through the storm they held their heads up high.

Aw come on, don't blame me, someone had to say it.

lol