Bruce McCready

RIP old friend :tongue::devil: My fondest memory goes back to 2005 in buffalo when i was with crusaders and you were at camp and you helped me with marching. Im gonna miss your big hugs and the smile that you always had. Thanks for everything you have done for me. I will never forget it!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have known Bruce since 2005. He was always there for me. I would have to travel to camps all the way to Syracuse from Cleveland, OH. Any time I asked, he would pick me up in Buffalo and let me stay at his house overnight to save me travel costs.

Just a few months ago we went to DCI Finals together. He drove from NY to Bloomington, IN and back with no help. He was the picture of health. It is just unbelievable how quickly this disease works. It recently got my beloved Granny as well.

We'll miss you Bruce. Thanks for everything.

so there's no doubt - I can confirm his passing... I will post information on the DCA website when I have details.

All of DCA, its management and member corps send along our prayers and condolences to the McCready Family and The Brigadiers... my special thoughts go out Bruce's 93 year old mother and his siblings and to Brady Rouse - friendships like his and Bruce are most unusual in life and I'm sure he feels the loss of Bruce more than anyone outside of his family.

Oh man....this is HORRIBLE NEWS.

I've been sitting here thinking of my best friend who died of this very same disease, exactly 6 months ago today. Something compelled me to log onto DCP, and find out about Bruce....then I read this.

I have NEVER met a kinder, more gentile man in my life than Bruce McCready. We had our differences in the past when we taught together, but it was all business, and never personal. He always had a huge smile on his face for me, and never said a bad word about anyone.

He WILL be SORELY missed!

I really need a :tongue:

RIP Bruce.....I'll say another prayer for you! :devil:

The 12 years that I have had the pleasure of knowing you, there has never been a more caring, loving and committed guy in this activity. From learning the proper way to carry myself while marching in 1997 to 3 championships in a row @ the Dome, from you bringing me back to the marching activity in 04, introducing me to my now fiance, accompanying you on road trips to drum corps show, laughs, tears, and so much more.... I will miss you. No one could wear a pair of high white tube socks and sneakers like you... Smile down "Uncle" Bruce....

Joey

Calling hours for Bruce will be this Sunday from 2PM to 4PM and from 7PM to 9PM at the following location:

Gilmartin Funeral Home

329 West Main Street

Batavia, NY (585) 343-8260

Funeral services will be held on Monday morning, location to be provided shortly.

Bruce's Family along with the entire Brigadier family would like to thank everyone for their support and prayers during this difficult time.

Thank you all again.....

Edited by RAM

Bruce was one of the nicest people I have EVER met in this activity.

He always had a smile on his face and a kind word to say.

A true gentleman.

I will miss him.

My deepest sympathies to the McCready family.

Jay Morlot

Harrison Bushwackers

Calling hours Sunday, May 31 2-4 and 7-=9 PM at

Gilmartin Funeral Home

333 W Main St

Batavia

The memorial service will be Monday June 1 at 11:00 AM atFirst Presbyterian Church

300 East Main Batavia

PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN LOCATION FOR THE MEMORIAL FROM THAT LISTED IN SOME OBITUARIES!!!A reception will follow in the church fellowship hall.Please feel free to bring photos or other memoriabilia to share.Bruce's biggest concern throughout this experience was that our mother would not be able to stay in their home. In lieu of flowers, we are asking that contributions be made to a fund being set up to maintain Mom here. It will be used solely to offset costs of her housing. Contributions can be sent to Dave McCreadyc/o M Mccready 14 Ellicott Ave Batavia NY 14020

Submitted by the McCready Family 5/29/09