Open Class Predictions

No bias here. I simply posted on this thread that without putting the corps in competition with any of the top 10 DCA units at least once before the actual championships, that MBI would stand very little or any chance of overtaking the frontrunner at DCA's. Another poster responded to my comments by indicating that MBI came in second. I of course replied that second place is NOT winning....which of course it is not. For the record, I wouldn't mind seeing a non-Eastern corps capture the championship or ANY corps for that matter, to break this 4 year long run by the Bucs. As much as I respect the Bucs, another corps winning every now and then would be good for the circuit. But that will have to be decided in head to head competition, which unfortunately the non-Eastern corps find rather prohibitive.

I do agree that it may be tougher for non NE corps to win, but not impossible. Besides if lack of schedule is so harmful, how did MBI get 2ed last year. Are you saying that if MBI had a better schedule they should have taken first? To say that would be unfair to the Bucs.

As far as who can win...the Bucs have a track record and have proven they can and will be right there. They are a class organization that knows how to get it done. From what I am reading the Hurricanes may very well have all those pieces in place this year, but until the seasons starts only they really know.

I have seen MBI and there is no doubt in my mind they have finished the puzzle. They have no control over the other corps, the weather or the judges, but everything they need to be done will be done. When that happens to multiple corps, you have a great championship and great champions.

Edited by contratech

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree that it may be tougher for non NE corps to win, but not impossible. Besides if lack of schedule is so harmful, how did MBI get 2ed last year. Are you saying that if MBI had a better schedule they should have taken first? To say that would be unfair to the Bucs.

As far as who can win...the Bucs have a track record and have proven they can and will be right there. They are a class organization that knows how to get it done. From what I am reading the Hurricanes may very well have all those pieces in place this year, but until the seasons starts only they really know.

I have seen MBI and there is no doubt in my mind they have finished the puzzle. They have no control over the other corps, the weather or the judges, but everything they need to be done will be done. When that happens to multiple corps, you have a great championship and great champions.

True enough...perhaps one should NEVER say NEVER! MBI came in second last year by simply being the best of the rest. But there can be no doubt that the corp's chances would have been better served by having their show put up against Reading head to head before championship weekend. Of course, all the best to MBI for a very successful season. Allow me to make one prediction (since this IS a prediction thread)....if Bushwackers hit the field with 40+ horns, a full battery and guard, it will be a VERY interesting season indeed......

True enough...perhaps one should NEVER say NEVER! MBI came in second last year by simply being the best of the rest. But there can be no doubt that the corp's chances would have been better served by having their show put up against Reading head to head before championship weekend. Of course, all the best to MBI for a very successful season. Allow me to make one prediction (since this IS a prediction thread)....if Bushwackers hit the field with 40+ horns, a full battery and guard, it will be a VERY interesting season indeed......

i think every thing you have said is correct. it always helps to go head to head. i really think that the big surprise is gonna be the corps or corps that don't make finals. some assume that because they made it before that they will again. watch the bottom corps from last year. i won't make a prediction as i don't want to hurt anybody's feelings but i see something brewing. forget the hype because that's all it is.

Again DCA judging at its finest :thumbup:

Just sayin'

I am not biased in any way towards MBI... but they deserved every bit of that second place that they earned. The battery was awesome and in my opinion the hornline should have won brass. I think that was the result of where they were slotted in prelims. All-in-all I think the judges got 1st and 2nd and 3rd right last year. My opinion, of course.

Some people blow this thread way out of proportion. These are ALL just predictions based on nothing. Some people may claim to have seen all of the corps, but they're full of ####. And even if that was possible, it would be impossible to see every corps on the same weekend, unless they have their own jet plane and travel to California, Texas, Georgia, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New York, New Jersey, Pennslyvania, Connecticut, etc. all in one day LOL. But i find this still impossible. So if you saw the Buccs 2 weeks ago, the Cabs last week, and MBI this week, you can't base it on anything because they're all improving every weekend..... well, hopefully anyway.

Stop taking things so personal and lighten up people, not everyone, just some.... This is all just for fun.

besides, Blousemen are winning this year anyway....

I am not biased in any way towards MBI... but they deserved every bit of that second place that they earned. The battery was awesome and in my opinion the hornline should have won brass. I think that was the result of where they were slotted in prelims. All-in-all I think the judges got 1st and 2nd and 3rd right last year. My opinion, of course.

MBI was outstanding last year ... BUT.... That was our brass trophy, we earned it and we deserved it....

insert edit..

Oh and BTW we are planning on winning our third in a row........ don't kid yourself with all of the predictions on here...

Edited by empirebari

MBI was outstanding last year ... BUT.... That was our brass trophy, we earned it and we deserved it....

insert edit..

Oh and BTW we are planning on winning our third in a row........ don't kid yourself with all of the predictions on here...

I guess the thread was supposed to be for fun....and Everyone has an opinion etc..etc.. It really is too early to even imagine outcomes but as Ream says and you all know...it wil be the corps with the highest score...Let the games begin!!! Looks like an exciting season for all and let's enjoy in these troubled times!!! :thumbup:

I no longer believe anything on DCP. LOL. I'll leave it to the judges to say how good a corps is this year. We will see, soon!