Open Class Predictions

Here it is folks, the gospel according to Sal. Firstly, all those that are banking on MBI for the upset need their brains checked. Don't get me wrong, but until MBI attends some more shows in the east, how can they be fairly adjudicated? Seriously folks, who here on this forum really thinks that DCA has any judge that can catch one or two performances of a corps and catch everything in 11 minutes? Enough said because I could write a book about that.

or...the east can come west....pretty please with sugar on top :rolleyes:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Don't get me wrong, but until MBI attends some more shows in the east, how can they be fairly adjudicated? Seriously folks, who here on this forum really thinks that DCA has any judge that can catch one or two performances of a corps and catch everything in 11 minutes?

I know what you mean, but that's why DCA judges attend DCA Central shows. It's not just one or two reads. There are also thorough critiques and judges are pretty aware of the progress of DCA Central corps through the summer.

Edited by Ron H

1. Cabs

2. MBI

3. ES

4. Bucs

5. Hurcs

6. Bush

7. Renegades

8. Corpsvets

9. Crusaders

10. Brigs

Your list looks pretty reasonable to me.

Not sure about Cabs being #1 and Bucs #4.Cabs are one of my favorite corps but they have not had the complete package the last 4 years.I see them moving up but not a championship this season.

Bucs might be moving down the ladder but unless they just lay a turd this season,,I don't see them out of the top 3.

Stranger things have happened though.

I'm not saying a potential upset is completely out of the question, but anyone who doesn't have Reading 1 or 2, needs their head checked. They are one of only 7 corps I've seen so far this year, but I can tell you they haven't let up even one bit. I know most people won't believe me, but I think the drumline has even MORE notes this year. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to see screaming soloists... in READING! Refreshing. There are still some unknowns that could be in the hunt, but I wouldn't count on it.

And the winner is 6 posts (counting the first one)

come on, ya know i'm right :rolleyes:

Here it is folks, the gospel according to Sal. Firstly, all those that are banking on MBI for the upset need their brains checked. Don't get me wrong, but until MBI attends some more shows in the east, how can they be fairly adjudicated? Seriously folks, who here on this forum really thinks that DCA has any judge that can catch one or two performances of a corps and catch everything in 11 minutes? Enough said because I could write a book about that.

dont think DCA wont send finals weekend judges out to MN in August

1. Buccs - There is no one better this year.

2. Hurricanes - They don't need to brag after last year. They fixed their mistakes and made the changes.

3. MBI - Refer to above.

4. Cabs - They know what happened last year and they are pi$$ed. Best spot to hope for...

5. Statesmen - Sorry guys. I know your track record but there's lots of good talent in front of you. (Rebuiding year)

6. Bush - Talented members and good organization keeps you in the pack.

7. Renegades - Tired of coming to the East Coast and getting their ###es kicked. New unis and new attitude with great talent pulls you closer to the 5th spot. Might even move up to 6th if Bush lets up at all.

8. Alliance - Forced to open class and ready to take prisoners. Great performance at finals and seem to have the instructional team that is capable of upsets.

9. Crusaders - Saw them at St. Joe's Classic and they seem to have the show and talent to move up in the rankings.

10. Brigs - Rumors in the winter had them going inactive but they seem to be going out with a smaller stronger corp? Due to new arrangers and a new staff I see them falling in ranking but performing well.

11. Corpsvets - Good southern show but don't seem to have it this year.

12. Kilties - Strong tradition but borderline alumni.

13. MCL - Maybe in a couple years...keep working at it.

Obviously these are my own opinions and I do not intend to offend/hurt anyone.

Best of luck to all corps this year.

Remind me to read your book when it gets published.

Kate

Firstly, all those that are banking on MBI for the upset need their brains checked. Don't get me wrong, but until MBI attends some more shows in the east, how can they be fairly adjudicated?
Looking at the posted DCA schedule, I don't see MBI competing against ANYONE until 2 weeks before the championship! And even then they are likely not competing against any of the eventual top 10 corps. Perhaps they should just form their own circuit, cause ain't no way they will EVER win with that schedule.

I know what you mean, but that's why DCA judges attend DCA Central shows. It's not just one or two reads. There are also thorough critiques and judges are pretty aware of the progress of DCA Central corps through the summer.

Correct. There will be at least three central shows in August. Racine on 8-15, St. Paul on 8-22, St Peter on 8-23, and The Kilties are working to potentially bring yet another Central show to mid Wisconsin on August 16th.

All will be fine.

Correct. There will be at least three central shows in August. Racine on 8-15, St. Paul on 8-22, St Peter on 8-23, and The Kilties are working to potentially bring yet another Central show to mid Wisconsin on August 16th.

All will be fine.

Rumor has it that the July 25 show, scheduled in Wausau and/or Merill has been canceled.