Open Class Predictions

whoever the crowd likes the best!!! :rolleyes:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Word to the wise from the wise! Keep up the spirit kid! Good luck this season.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got second place in 08. Maybe some of the NE corps should travel to the Midwest.

Just sayin'

With all due respect to MBI's accomplishment last year, second place is NOT winning....high guard is NOT winning.

Just sayin'

1. Sunrisers

2. Phoenix

3. Matadors

4. LesDiplomates

5. Skyliners

6. Yankee Rebels

7. Ballantine Brewers

8. Connecticut Yankees

9. Marksmen

10. Westshoremen

:rolleyes::colgate::rolleyes::cool:

Fran

With all due respect to MBI's accomplishment last year, second place is NOT winning....high guard is NOT winning.

Just sayin'

It wasn't winning, but it shattered a glass ceiling that had been looming since you had non-northeastern corps in finals.

It wasn't winning, but it shattered a glass ceiling that had been looming since you had non-northeastern corps in finals.

i definatly agree with that. work hard and see if you can improve on that. it would be nice to see a non NE corps win for the first time.

here is the closest to predicting something other than "whoever scores highest wins"

if the hype from so many corps is to be believed, everyone will have to be flawless in all sections. if every section but one is awesome, and that one is just great, that could be enough to derail the dream. Plus, until you get people head to head you just cant tell. Sure, DCA has a linear in judging, but show dynamics can sometimes cause things to be misread.

so...whoever it ends up being, will have to be better than flawless in every single thing they do.

and again, this is IF the preseason hype for so many corps is reality and not just preseason hype.

Just sayin'

Sounds like you have some bias against non Eastern DCA units,IMHO.

Kate

Sounds like you have some bias against non Eastern DCA units,IMHO.

Kate

No bias here. I simply posted on this thread that without putting the corps in competition with any of the top 10 DCA units at least once before the actual championships, that MBI would stand very little or any chance of overtaking the frontrunner at DCA's. Another poster responded to my comments by indicating that MBI came in second. I of course replied that second place is NOT winning....which of course it is not. For the record, I wouldn't mind seeing a non-Eastern corps capture the championship or ANY corps for that matter, to break this 4 year long run by the Bucs. As much as I respect the Bucs, another corps winning every now and then would be good for the circuit. But that will have to be decided in head to head competition, which unfortunately the non-Eastern corps find rather prohibitive.

here is the closest to predicting something other than "whoever scores highest wins"

if the hype from so many corps is to be believed, everyone will have to be flawless in all sections. if every section but one is awesome, and that one is just great, that could be enough to derail the dream. Plus, until you get people head to head you just cant tell. Sure, DCA has a linear in judging, but show dynamics can sometimes cause things to be misread.

so...whoever it ends up being, will have to be better than flawless in every single thing they do.

and again, this is IF the preseason hype for so many corps is reality and not just preseason hype.

Who are you kidding Jeff, you always go by who has the coolest Parking Lot Warmups. If it were up to you, you'd give out a trophy for "Best Doo-Rags."

As Pepe The Great once told us: "Be Full, Be Done, Be Entertaining, or Shut Up."