Who Could Break Into Finals This Year?

Who Has it in 2009?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. What Corps That Was Not In Finals Last Year Has The Best Shot At Making Finals This Year?

• Academy
    • Cascades
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Jersey Surf
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Pioneer
    • Spirit
    • Troopers
    • None - Top 12 Will Be The Same As 2008

Based on pretty much nothing I voted PC. They have been making progress the past few years.

I'm wondering if Academy will be able to get back to their 2007 level.

Colts, Spirit and Crossmen are the obvious candidates of course

Of course the other big question is: Will the Pioneer be making semis this year, I for sure hope they will!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been hearing some very interesting things from the Spirit camp that make me stick with my pick for them to break back in to Finals. Apparently their music/style has taken quite a change from the past few years...lots of volume, lots of movement. The new staff is making strides!

I had an old friend who once observed (after several seasons on the Sky Ryders staff) that the happiest corps on finals night were the corps that finishes first and the corps that finishes 12th!

(I have no personal experience around a corps that finishes first but I have experienced the thrill of working with a corps that finished 12th three or four times...)

Terri is right in that the battle for position in that 11 or 12 to 14 or 15 is always exciting.......every bit or moreso than the battle for first.

Your right on. Historically at least, the battle for 12th is usually more competitive then up top.

I think that whenever a topic like this comes up, the appropriate reply should also include which 2008 Finalist will be knocked OUT of finals?

For example, if yout think Crossmen will make Finals this year, who will they knock out: Scouts? Glassmen? Someone else?

its not going to change

I think that whenever a topic like this comes up, the appropriate reply should also include which 2008 Finalist will be knocked OUT of finals?

For example, if yout think Crossmen will make Finals this year, who will they knock out: Scouts? Glassmen? Someone else?

A very good point indeed!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::tongue:

Very tough indeed, but if I had to guess, I'd say that Glassmen would be the first to cede a position in Finals. Not to say that they will get worse, but I just think that the competition from the corps that just missed it last year will step it up higher to displace them. I think Madison would be second to Glassmen. I just can't see Blue Knights, Blue Stars or Boston missing Finals...but weirder things have happened I guess.

I voted for Crossmen. I have been to their Spring Training everyday this week. They are really going to surprise some folks. Their percussion book is really good.

Based on the poll as of today, 41.26% WON'T be surprised and 58.74% will be.

I'm coming to camp next weekend for History Night. I'm looking forward to seeing for myself.

Based on the poll as of today, 41.26% WON'T be surprised and 58.74% will be.

I'm coming to camp next weekend for History Night. I'm looking forward to seeing for myself.

Come back with a full report...and photos if you can...please!