Mini Corps

Good, join the club. 35 minimum, i.e. WE HATE SMALL CORPS. There I said it, that IS what YOUR rule says. How can we have a TOMORROW when you've denied us our TODAY.

I've done 8 years of all age corps. Under current rules, I would have only been apart of DCA 1 of those years. The only way to compete with you is to live forever, assuming competitive status is EVER achieved. That is what YOU've taken from us. How many past Class A finalists wouldn't even be allowed to compete had the 35 rule existed back then? Of course we have to play in our own ball park, YOU've given us NO OTHER choice. What other sport requires a minimum of 35 players just to compete / play? Not including pitchers, quarterbacks, 2nd string, 3rd string, yada yada yada.

The rule has cost you the existence of at least two corps since it's implementation. And two shows for the state of Texas alone. The shows still exist, the corps still exist, but the DCA monicker is no longer applicable. Exactly how many show sponsors are we talking about? What proof did they offer up to back up their claim? Have you fallowed through to make sure it benefited them as expected? More or less performing units and audience attendance? Sure it's not the only factor. But apparently a big enough one to put we hate small corps in writing.

-----

Richard, if you note in that thread, posts about me existed at least a day before I ever read or posted in it. I'm hardly averaging one post per day in this forum anymore. Why bother, DCA, wrote themselves out of the game. The last thing I want to do is read about what everyone ELSE gets to do.

or...stop #####ing on DCP and get some members. then you can find something else to ##### about

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate small corps. I have seen some that were completely cringe-worthy and made me feel embarrassed for those out there performing. I'm sure I'm not the only person who felt that way. I'm also sure that some people will now say "Liz Duguay HATES small corps" and I'll forever be labeled a hater because I was honest enough to admit the above.

Honesty ~ it's such a lonely word... :tongue:

i have seen some great small corps. i have some horrible small corps. I have seen great and bad big corps as well.

what I have seen most is corps that talk themselves up online, then suck and blame someone else for their issues. I pray when I do get to see Stars, it isn't this that I see.

and if i were Stars management, I'd start taking back ownership of the corps considering the miles of negative publicity Shadow is giving them

and if i were Stars management, I'd start taking back ownership of the corps considering the miles of negative publicity Shadow is giving them

They have made that disclaimer.... we all know it.

Edited by Mike_B

ok if I'm going to be labeled, Liz Duguay also hate New Milford, Connecticut; rednecks; NASCAR; the Boston Red Sox, the New England Patriots (but despite all that I still love Strutta); and warm beer.

:tongue:

Thank you very much for your time.

Small corps is one thing but now you're dumping on NEW MILFORD?!?!?!?!

My Gawd WOMAN!!!

I don't like to get involved with BS like this because I feel it is unproductive. But I feel I must set the record straight. I had the priviledge to see Star and talk to their management in Atlanta last year. I have had several conversations with them this year. I have found them to be nothing but cooperative and professional. Never once have they complained about the rules to me.

I will be excited to see them perform and COMPETE in Rochester.

DCA I&E the best Friday night in Drum Corps, be there, have fun and compete.

Get those apllications in.

I'll back up Dick... I was chief judge in Houston last summer - Austin Stars was quite good - a very pleasant surprise to me... all discussions with management and staff of the corps have been on the highest level of professionalism and above reproach - both last year and so far this season. Mike Vasquez seems dedicated and doing everything as well as possible to succeed.

ok if I'm going to be labeled, Liz Duguay also hate New Milford, Connecticut; rednecks; NASCAR; the Boston Red Sox, the New England Patriots (but despite all that I still love Strutta); and warm beer.

:tongue:

Thank you very much for your time.

How can you hate the Sox? What's the matter with you? Now you're sounding whackier than this Shadow person!

BTW has anyone ever seen Liz and Shadow in the same place at the same time?

Coincidence? I think not....

i have seen some great small corps. i have some horrible small corps. I have seen great and bad big corps as well.

what I have seen most is corps that talk themselves up online, then suck and blame someone else for their issues. I pray when I do get to see Stars, it isn't this that I see.

((climbing very gingerly up on soap box - gotta be careful as I broke my back and my neck in 2005))

At the risk of further elongating one of the most tedious threads in the history not only of DCP, but of all drum corps media, I just would like to say that I think it's inappropriate to call out Star's management for their "failure" to defend themselves on DCP. Ultimately this is a neat forum, where we blow off steam and stay in touch, and express ourselves, but this is not the court of public opinion - just individuals expressing ideas of varying validity and even sanity.

To requre that a corps defend itself against reactions to the words of a former member - not a corps spokesperson - just a former member - is going well overboard. They have enough to do. If every corps were held responsible for the opinions expressed by former members, they would need a full time clerical assistant to do nothing but issue explanaions and apologies.

Plus - I've read as many of these posts as I can take - does anyone reading these, in their heart of hears feel that the poster expresses the opinions of ANYONE? Perhaps not even his or her own. Maybe just a pot stirrer.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

((descending carefully from soap box - please hold the throwing of produce until both feet are on the floor))

Thank you.

I feel bad for any soccer teams who have tried to join DCA over the years.

DCA = No soccer teams.

Something needs to be done about this, and soon.....or soccer teams will simply give up trying to join DCA, out of sheer frustration.

Does that mean we at Star United have to change our 'uniform'? We thought after three years we were okay.

Or is just a case of 'Fran HATES small soccer teams'?

At the risk of further elongating one of the most tedious threads in the history not only of DCP, but of all drum corps media

You must have missed the fiasco thread. 44 pages +/- 10 post DCA 2006. Or the 35 thread larger than that PRE 2008 DCA.

I've yet to find anyone that thinks the 35 minimum is a great ideal. Even Cozy mentioned that DCA needs to FIX that. While few are as open on their dislike of it as I am. It is a waste. I shouldn't even have to make the argument IMO. But in the absence of competitive status....... Or I could take what everyone else seems to suggest. Call me when you're bigger. (Does Enzyte sponsor DCA now?). You do realize that IF that number was 50, that 50% of the "current" DCA prelims competitors would be OUT. I suppose I should thank DCA, that's $1K per year I HAVEN'T spent at DCA. But with at least $5K invested in drumcorps gear in addition to paying dues, I cannot stand by and say nothing. I'm certainly not getting any younger.