Yay for threadjacking!

Yeah, git yer own thread!

:thumbup:

Garry in Vegas

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE: SCV only performed 9 minutes of drill. The impact was performed in an arc. It will be interesting how the visual staff will feature the impact. Hope they realize that their creative collective is key.

Hope that they get the last 2 minutes on the field before July this year.

Looks like it was a little windy on the 11th:

SCVWindyCymbals.jpg

A good up-close look:

SCVUpclose.jpg

See what I see? :thumbup:

SCVTenors.jpg

Like the unis much better than previous years. Closer to the 97-01 uni look. So are they not using red feathers this year I guess? It's also hard to tell what the full visual impact will be until they are under the lights with the "feathers up". Just white feathers will probably add more of a visual impact.

Maybe i've missed this somewhere but is it some sort of vanguard tradition to have the feather's down in the preseason? I've never noticed before and they look a bit Cavalier like with them down.

Looks like it was a little windy on the 11th:

SCVWindyCymbals.jpg

What are those hanging below their waists?? I can't imagine they'd be dot books....

A good up-close look:

See what I see? :thumbup:

SCVTenors.jpg

He could be soloing or part of an ensemble....

They will have it on the field next Saturday in Walnut, their first competition.

I hope so. If I remember correctly, they didn't have a closer fielded until July the past two years. Oh, and the closers for the past two years were the weakest part of the shows... go figure. Let this year be different.

Edited by just_another_fanatic

I hope so. If I remember correctly, they didn't have a closer fielded until July the past two years. Oh, and the closers for the past two years were the weakest part of the shows... go figure. Let this year be different.

It IS. Just got back from tonights show. They stood still for it, but it is straight up one of the best closers Ive heard. And Im a major closer person.

So, does this mean SCV will actually be competitive this year? And while I appreciate their return to the 99 uniform, it seems like it would have been better for them to just develop something new. Although they have had a couple hideous uniforms over the years, the 05-07 uniforms show that there arent many ways to create variation while using a simple framework. If I may say, their 96 uniform was very nice-looking (devoid of any red) SCV has been known for changing uniforms frequently, and I anticipate this one will definitely not be their last.