DCA Schedule Thoughts

I'm pretty sure from what I've read here OldStyle is a retiree...That does make a really big difference as far as road trips go Ed.

Yes, I am a disabled Vet Retiree. But, not wanting to wait till August (Kingston,NY or Bridgeport,CT) to see Empire. That was my best choise to go to. (Empire,Cabs,Hurks,Cru,Grens + Exibs) Also. "Any" contest I go to requires me to get a Motel room. I can not drive very far after a show. That late at night. (due to med reasons.)

I was also " Just Sayin' " The Crusaders and Empire had to make some hard choises as to how many long distance (about 500 miles away) shows to make. (as did almost EVERYONE this year)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well stated Carl. The economy and the overall cost last season of moving the Brigadiers around was one of the major reason's that we wanted to promote more "local" events throughout the season. Bruce McCready was the spearhead behind this effort going into the 2009 season before he fell ill. Just another dimension of one of the truly "great talents and minds" of our activity that will certainly be missed. His vision is being carried out by several wonderful people who have volunteered their time to make each of these 4 events successful.

The Brigs are running these 4 shows in our "Sounds of the Summer" series this year across NY State. We have also made the ticket price for each show at $15 for Reserved Section, $10 for General admission, and a Family Ticket for $30 which is good for two adults and their childer under age 18 in the General Admission Section.

Jamestown, NY on July 25th

Waterloo, NY on August 1st

Cicero-North Syracuse on August 15th

Norwich, NY on August 22nd

There are many who complain about the ecomony and its effect on our activity. The key is to do your best to overcome any challenges and make it the best you can.......ironically that is the lesson we all learn from this actvitity regardless of the economy..........overcome and be the best you can be........ right?

Thats right Rick

Yes, I am a disabled Vet Retiree. But, not wanting to wait till August (Kingston,NY or Bridgeport,CT) to see Empire. That was my best choise to go to. (Empire,Cabs,Hurks,Cru,Grens + Exibs) Also. "Any" contest I go to requires me to get a Motel room. I can not drive very far after a show. That late at night. (due to med reasons.)

I was also " Just Sayin' " The Crusaders and Empire had to make some hard choises as to how many long distance (about 500 miles away) shows to make. (as did almost EVERYONE this year)

i feel your pain .

Well stated Carl. The economy and the overall cost last season of moving the Brigadiers around was one of the major reason's that we wanted to promote more "local" events throughout the season. Bruce McCready was the spearhead behind this effort going into the 2009 season before he fell ill. Just another dimension of one of the truly "great talents and minds" of our activity that will certainly be missed. His vision is being carried out by several wonderful people who have volunteered their time to make each of these 4 events successful.

The Brigs are running these 4 shows in our "Sounds of the Summer" series this year across NY State. We have also made the ticket price for each show at $15 for Reserved Section, $10 for General admission, and a Family Ticket for $30 which is good for two adults and their childer under age 18 in the General Admission Section.

Jamestown, NY on July 25th

Waterloo, NY on August 1st

Cicero-North Syracuse on August 15th

Norwich, NY on August 22nd

There are many who complain about the ecomony and its effect on our activity. The key is to do your best to overcome any challenges and make it the best you can.......ironically that is the lesson we all learn from this actvitity regardless of the economy..........overcome and be the best you can be........ right?

:thumbup::worthy::worthy:

I congratulate Bill and the Kilties for their wise decisions (not surprising to me) concerning ticket pricing. Same for the Brigs, and for Carl V.

Yes, the nervous economy will have an impact on how many people choose to spend to see our product. Lowering prices is the smart thing to do. The numbers for NASCAR are down about 20%, same for several other admission-based attractions. Drum corps can NOT be expected to be immune from the current crisis. If we all just get through this year, somewhat intact, we should feel a certain sense of relief.

I focus on another challenge. That challenge is bringing NEW fans into the fold. The novice spectator, the neighbor next door. Without that kind of ticket buyer, our activity has no future. Raising prices to reflect smaller crowds is NOT the answer, long term.

Even with all the "big guns" at your event, it's STILL a "band show" in the eyes of the novice. The novice sees his/her high school band program and accepts, here will be a few more of "that." Of course, they're wrong. BUT. . . . they have to come inside to find out! They will not come inside for anything over $12 per head. Sorry.

Give the novices a few exposures at a level they can afford and they WILL pay more, to see more of the same. We all know an evening of DCA is well worth the money. But, DCA's future is not really "us." We've already bought in.

They will not come inside for anything over $12 per head. Sorry.

Give the novices a few exposures at a level they can afford and they WILL pay more, to see more of the same.

I agree.$12 bucks for 4 corps?Too much in my opinion.

Give the novices a few exposures at a level they can afford and they WILL pay more, to see more of the same. We all know an evening of DCA is well worth the money. But, DCA's future is not really "us." We've already bought in

this is why the activity has shrunk through the years. it's sad

Edited by donincardona

I agree.$12 bucks for 4 corps?Too much in my opinion.

then be prepared to lose money. i know i rail at YEA's prices for small shows, but they have to be at least breaking even.....and thats with $20 being the cheap seats

nevermind...

Edited by CVQuesty