DCA Schedule Thoughts

Empire isn't attending Wildwood, for money reasons, but instead we are doing an exhibition in Dundee, NY.

Edited by HighBrass08

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are also shows this year that didn't exist last year (Toms River NJ and Secaucus to name 2). Both shows come into conflict with at least 1 other show in DCA that weekend. This means there are more shows which means less corps at each show.

Hurricanes are doing 8 shows as they did last year. They have not gone to Wildwood in a couple of years. They donot have a show on July 25. They usually take that weekend off for a camp weekend. The difference in this year is the corps is not traveling down south.

I believe that even though Hurcs see Buccs once until August makes it interesting.

Edited by DCAforLife

true, but at least DCA isnt compounding it with rules changes that scare off fans too.

You know, you should try paying 96.cents a litre for gas...and having your dollar worth about 85 cents and still expecting me to be happy about Liz>>>>>jeez what a bunch ...again to go to a movie cost 8.50 and snacks are about 30.00 so you know what I think??? (as if anyone cares) Drum Corps is still the best bang for your buck...in my humble opinion....hey smack me ..can't feel it online eh? Grennies will be there and if they are small and class "A" you will still be entertained and as all the other corps it will cost each member more to entertain you than it will cost you to go to a show...so enjoy or don't...your choice ...but music and drum corps will never end because of the economy....check your history books....during tough times we all need to be entertained and escape for a wek-end...God Bless....I really mean that!!! :thumbup:

You know, you should try paying 96.cents a litre for gas...and having your dollar worth about 85 cents and still expecting me to be happy about Liz>>>>>jeez what a bunch ...again to go to a movie cost 8.50 and snacks are about 30.00 so you know what I think??? (as if anyone cares) Drum Corps is still the best bang for your buck...in my humble opinion....hey smack me ..can't feel it online eh? Grennies will be there and if they are small and class "A" you will still be entertained and as all the other corps it will cost each member more to entertain you than it will cost you to go to a show...so enjoy or don't...your choice ...but music and drum corps will never end because of the economy....check your history books....during tough times we all need to be entertained and escape for a wek-end...God Bless....I really mean that!!! :thumbup:

uh yeah, that has so much to do with my post you quoted, but thanks for replying.

( i thought my post actually was defending the corps for being smart and the hosts for being smart)

I believe I read that the price of admission in Bridgeport this year is $20... That's getting pretty absurd. At least there are 5 corps, but no bucs. The economy is bad... so the decision is to charge more for tickets and alienate the fan base? I've tried to convince friends and family to come to a show... Tough to have my family to drop 80 bucks to see an hour's worth of performance.

We (The Kilties) think our show committee has put together a really terrific full evening of entertainment (isn't that what it's supposed to be about?) for the August 15th show.

It's a entertaining variety evening geared towards drum corps fans and the general public, including families. We held the prices low at $10 and have FREE kid's passes for 12 years and under. The free kids passes are at the local outlets and can even be printed from the corps' website. All the info can be found HERE.

true, but at least DCA isnt compounding it with rules changes that scare off fans too.

Not everyone agrees with that statement.

uh yeah, that has so much to do with my post you quoted, but thanks for replying.

( i thought my post actually was defending the corps for being smart and the hosts for being smart)

And it was...again I usually come across here wrong....you were defending the corps and the hosts...I was not bashing you or anyone ..I was just sayin...it is tough out there believe me we all know......sorry and i am tired of saying sorry i guess i need an Adminstrative assistant to edit and fix my posts ...jeez...however saying that...I still would not trade drumcorps for anything.......I can feel the Love!! hahhahah ..no really

the price of gas has affected drum corps a great deal. also the price of tickets have hurt sales. now i know times have changed and things do cost more but back in the day way back when drum corps tickets were cheap and the shows in a lot of places were jammed. the dream , all rochester shows, lewisburg, nationals , baltimore and many more. people that went were not drum corps fans. they were just people. times have changed and drumcorps is shrinking but hopefully the economy comes back and drumcorps will be more affordable for corps , sponsers and fans. just a thought.

oh and the bucs for as long as i can remember always did less shows then everbody. they were always very conservative on traveling.