DCA Mini Corps Championships

Oops. Mea Culpa. Thats what I get from reading threads at 5:00am after working all night.

But then again you mentioned offending someone, and like the small guy in the room with a chip I said;"sure, I love to be offended.......what the....ready to rumble". Somebody has to be "that guy". :smile:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is going to be a great show Labor Day weekend in Rochester I am looking foward to it

Any questions should be directed to Dick Pronti - rap48@aol.com

Alphabetical order

1Amoskeag Sound

2 Austin Stars

3 Capital Brass

4 Cinn Traditions

5 Freelancers

6 Generation

7 Ghost Riders

8 Golden Eagles

9 Gulf Coast

10 Mass Brass

11 Minne Brass

12 Music City Legend

13 Renegades

14 Skyliners Alumni

15 SoCal Dream

16 Star United

17 Sounds of Philadelphia

18 T-birds

19 Vigilantes

20 Windsor Regiment

I do not think Renegades are putting a Mini Corps out this season... You should double check with Mr. Nalls or Mr. Gilman :doh:

:doh: I thought that that list would be based on what applications have already been received....

yeah that list would be from corps that sent in paperwork...unless it's Crunchy Frog in disguise

A great list for sure. Just a shout out to everyone.... We decided to stay close to home this year, as we are going through a growth spurt. We are gaining members who are mostly band musicians and are mostly young. Average age 16. We will take this year to get them in the know in the ways of drum corps. In addition we are finally creating "gravity" to attract a few drum corps people too. So, this season, we are doing parades to buy the extra equipment and uniforms needed for our somewhat larger size. We aim to come back to DCA in 2010!!

Until then, we can be seen next at the Hingham, MA 4th of July Parade and the Franklin, MA 5th of July Parade!!

Enjoy this season everyone!!!

Imperials, South Shore, MA

http://www.pembrokeimperials.org

Edited by Imperial

A great list for sure. Just a shout out to everyone.... We decided to stay close to home this year, as we are going through a growth spurt. We are gaining members who are mostly band musicians and are mostly young. Average age 16. We will take this year to get them in the know in the ways of drum corps. In addition we are finally creating "gravity" to attract a few drum corps people too. So, this season, we are doing parades to buy the extra equipment and uniforms needed for our somewhat larger size. We aim to come back to DCA in 2010!!

Until then, we can be seen next at the Hingham, MA 4th of July Parade and the Franklin, MA 5th of July Parade!!

Enjoy this season everyone!!!

Imperials, South Shore, MA

http://www.pembrokeimperials.org

Excellent news about The Imperials!!

Have fun this summer.

Some time ago Chris Nalls advised they would be competing in Mini Corps. Recently, I too have been advised that Renegades may not be competing... situations like this are why we have created a waiting list... so - if you're not on the list and would like compete... PLEASE contact Dick Pronti right away... rap48@aol.com

From my POV, I have maybe ten years of competitive drumcorps life left(maybe less). DCA is in essence asking me to devote half of those years building before they give anything back (like a score). I fail to see how that's a good thing. As far as minicorps, first 20 postmarks, wouldn't that favor local postal services? Given the additional time it takes out of state / cross country mail to make the trip. If only academically, is that fair? Could that be handled differently? How many corps that had minicorps plans are now denied access? Could the 35 minimum be different? In some respects I think the eval date should be April 1st. If you're not putting your show on the field by the end of march, it's probably not going to be competitive. And raise the minimum to 50, just as achievable as 35 for a "new" corps IMO (Or should I say equally unachievable). And sufficient motivation for local alternatives to take root. If only to save per judge on flights and lodging you wont have to include for an in state judging panel.

DCA claims it's working. I disagree. Two LESS DCA Sanctioned shows for my state alone for 2009. Because of the 35 rule IMO.

3 years and I"m at the edge of giving up. I've already been selling off my horns for recording gear. Why? Because under current rules, you may never get to see us through anything other than recordings. And it affords me other opportunities. And it fills a VOID left by the absence of DCA. Sometimes left in the presence of DCA.