DCA Mini Corps Championships

FYI - on the date ...

It was going to be APRIL. but the MEMBER CORPS'.. you know those that "ARE" DCA ... decided to move it to June 1st , so that the corps' would have some time to solicit membership from those doing Winter Guard or Winter Drumlines... and to be assured those members who do do Winter Programs, and say they will return when their season ends ..ACTUALLY show up !!! Nice of them to give a little breathing room/cushion.. to be sure they have what they need to compete or be evaluated..

to be honest, those that can't fill their corps with 35 members... either have people within their organization that aren't doing enough to get it done...poor support.... or can't keep the members coming in because of DRAMA within the lines!!

TRUST ME/ been there / done that !!

:laughing:

MAC - I VOTE YOU DA WINNER

now.. can we move onto more important things.... like Stephen Curry NOT being drafted by the Knicks !!!

This thread is just getting //YAWN ! :thumbup:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!

Austin Stars have passed their field corps eval AND been accepted into the mini-corps competition. And releases from the corps indicate optimism about recruiting, and making it to the field. And this is still going on?

As a corps member, shouldn't your energy and efforts be now directed to putting them over the top?

A couple other things...

If SO MUCH is happening in Texas (corps-wise), shouldn't it now be easier to fill out the numbers.. now that the corps has TWO scheduled slots at Championships? Maybe you might want to get on the phone with some of these drum corps people who aren't on board yet.

In answer to your question ....UNOFFICAILLY, I believe the answer is that ZERO corps' have been turned down, to date, for the Mini-corps competition. Can YOU name one? And, as we're approaching 60 days out, from the contest.. it appears to me that ALL corps' that gave ANY pre-thought to this, WILL be included.

Finally.. here' are some questions for those many corps' being denied access....

Just which are the corps' who would come to DCA this year, if less than 35 performers where allowed? And, how many people..., REALLY!..., would you put on the field?

How credible of a presentation could you seriously make with that number? Could DCA sell it to a more sophisticated 21st Century audience?

Would it be serving your membership to do so? Would it really help recruiting?

Do we seriously want to go back to a day when an entry fee was all you had to produce, to put whatever you wanted to bring, onto the field at Prelims?

Finally... nothing stops ANY kind of corps from exhibiting at a DCA show... except the sponsor. If you can convince a sponsor that you have something worth presenting, you can present your group to the DCA world, and to potential recruits. I BELIEVE that DCA would even give you a score and a sheet.

Now... here is MY pitch....

If DCA will just eliminate it's evaluation and minimum... I will bring "something" to DCA Prelims in 2010.

I can't be sure what it will be. Or if anyone would want to see it. Or whether it might be a waste of time for the judges, or a waste of a time slot.

I can't even promise that it will be organizationally and financially viable enough that we'll actually show up.

But, I need DCA to be completely flexible, so that whatever I manage to throw together, by Labor Day Weekend, will be included.

Oh, and save me a Mini-corps slot, in case I only have 4 people. What the hell, I'll take the 7 point penalty. At least I'll get on the record.

.........and now...here to accept the coveted "SARCASM of the YEAR" Award..........from Albany, N.Y................ :laughing:

Edited by melligene

I know that I have not made any formal request to DCA on this. But, afterall, I HAVE clearly made my feelings known here, on DCP.

... still haven't gotten a serious, "Official" responce tho.... :thumbup:

So, if the Membership could just get together and vote, so we could get this settled.... I figure I need to know NO LATER than August 15th.....2010; in order to have time to make this happen. Otherwise, I may have to consider other options. :laughing:

Edited by brassomaniac

uh oh.... I can see Liz's next post now...

I told ya so, I told ya so, I told ya so.... :tongue:

Oh yeah ~ BITE ME STRUTTA! :tongue:

Say when doll!!! GRRRR!!!! :tongue:

And where. Can't forget where. :tongue:

Say when doll!!! GRRRR!!!! :tongue:

Moran,

You bringing your kid?

Liz Duguay HATES small corps!

My guess is that Liz said something about hating something small about YOU and you thought she was talking about your corps...

(my guess is that it wasn't your ego...)