DCP-I XII Season Discussion

I see VK Too going for West Regional title in a week....Hawaii is improving Bill :smile:

Well we're always "going for it", it just so happens that we always seem to come up a bit short. Either way a medal would be nice. :thumbup:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad late opening start. Will be making a few changes this coming weekend and hopefully kick some VolKs around a bit :thumbup:

Not a bad late opening start. Will be making a few changes this coming weekend and hopefully kick some VolKs around a bit :blink:

I hope you have long legs, because that kick has to go a LONG way. :omg:

Bit of a rough start for Glory of Polaris. 4th in competition, but way down this list on the overall standings. I'm sure that will be remedied in the upcoming weeks.

Better for Glory of Eden. Also 4th in tough competition, but still in the Top 12 overall.

Glory of Aurora was the big surprise! 2nd in competition and 2nd overall by less than a tenth! Who knew drum corps techno would be so popular?

The Knighst finally take their first win of the season!!! Up against some great corps too so we are pleased...

Kind of a roller coaster ride for Firebird as the week draws to a close: up to 77 points and a silver medal in Georgia, but then back down to 73 points and 15th in Florida. Firebird Cadets and the Front Rangers are both stepping off for their first show today in Clovis, CA.

Don't forget to catch the combined hornlines of Firebird and several other corps performing a tribute to Michael Jackson at Drums Along the Suncoast this evening. Firebird Cadets and The Front Rangers also invite any other corps to join with them in performing a tribute piece in California tonight as well.

The Week 1 power poll is now out... we have some new #1 corps, with only 1 holding on to that top spot! Head on over to the DCP-I site to see the full results!

YAY!! Silver Streak comes from the Clearwater, FL show with its highest score to date--75.440.

All 22 World Class groups scored over 70, and all of the top 7 scored over 75. I am very impressed with everybody and all their progress! Only a 6.475 gap between 1st and 22nd place.

I look forward to more head to head competition with all of you!

Rough start in Clovis, CA for the Firebird Cadets (9th place, 66.670) and the Front Rangers (12th place, 65.660). But since it is the first show of the season, we expect to see great improvement in the coming weeks.

Also, thank you to the hornlines of the Firebird Cadets, The Front Rangers, Velour Knights, VK Too, VK 3, and the California Knights, and the Firebird Cadets drumline, for performing the Michael Jackson tribute piece after last night's show. It sounded incredible, and there was not a dry eye in the house. The long standing ovation at the end, which included some members of the audience holding up lit candles/lighters, drove it all home.

Firebird is recovering its lost points, coming back up to 5th place and 75.125. Also, for the first time in history, Firebird made the top 12 on the DCP-I power polls! Thanks to you voters who had confidence in us!

First all around solid performances for all three corps in Montreal last night. Glory of Polaris finally put together a solid show up to the staff's expectations for the surprise victory in World; Glory of Eden had another solid 4th place finish in a very tough and clustered field at the top of the Open Class; Glory of Aurora took another silver in Class A with a great performance. :thumbup: