Holy Name!... HOLY C#@P!

Hey, do you remember this quote from July 2008 on Hop's Weblog:

"If Cadets do West Side Story next year (hopefully with no narration) I will impregnate my wife as many times as necessary until we have another son and I will name him (George) after you."

lol

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What crisis? Part of the Cadets "identity" is doing things differently and, well, being controversial and sometimes going a bit too far against the grain. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's just a part of what they do and who they are. But make no mistake about it, even when it doesn't work, they're still the Cadets. No identity crisis there.

When I say Identity Crisis, I am of the opinion that the Cadets are known for precision and power...the recent attempts to please a certain persons agenda with vocals is not what

I believe is their identity...

Maybe the word was a mid life crisis....

Who knows for sure but I'm glad the decision was made to go back to what made them famous!

The acid trip is over for now anyway!

"If Cadets do West Side Story next year (hopefully with no narration) I will impregnate my wife as many times as necessary until we have another son and I will name him (George) after you."

lol

I've heard of fans loving a Corps and" throwing babies " with delight. This is a new twist : ..." MAKING Babies ".

lol

I think this is a couple that might consider INT this year.

Edited by BRASSO

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but this was from Hop's blog....

Well, it has rained and rained. Today was awful but in Pennsylvania, it has rained now 12 of the 17 days of June. It's raining as I write.

As a result, we are not yet done the visual program. We have about 15 charts. We may get some tomorrow but, my guess is we will be standing still for the end of the show for a few days. It's unfortunate but ... it has been a rough one! Thank god we were in for 5 weeks ... we would be in trouble if we had done the normal 4 weeks.

As for what we are up to ... some random notes

> Cool is a great piece. We use the electronic piano here and it's hot! Right after that, we have a transfer to the back of the stands that is challenging ... but ... overall .... great guard and some great playing here.

> Check out the G --- the HNC - the CB and the 75. All in 45 seconds!!! Jeff Sacktig for President. It's in the past piece!

> And the last company front ... HAHAHAHAHAHAH ... it's going to make you laugh!

> the toughest stuff is Rumble and Prologue --- impossible actually but hey, if we do not tell them, they will never know.

> we have effects to get in the front part of the show

> we are at 12:30 coming out of the gate .. we are going to use some of the beginning as warm up but we need to get about 30 seconds. DCI does not give penalties for a few weeks so, we have some time to get squared away!

> Eric Kitchenman did a great job filling in as the mani tech this year! He is on board until about July 6th

> Guard Uniforms came in today

> new shirts -- HOLY NAME ARE IN!!! 13 new ITems this weekend!

Some great clues in there about what to expect...I especially like the G/HNC/CB/75 drill thing. Can't wait to see how they pull that off!

Also, cue the complaint wagon if the Cadets are standing still for the end of their show and they end up beating corps who are complete with their drill.

What crisis? Part of the Cadets "identity" is doing things differently and, well, being controversial and sometimes going a bit too far against the grain. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's just a part of what they do and who they are. But make no mistake about it, even when it doesn't work, they're still the Cadets. No identity crisis there.

Could not have said it better.