Memphis Sound's new name...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am very happy there is going to be a Corps out of Dallas now, Its one of the closest for where i live

There used to be another one of great reknown. They were called the Sky Ryders. Flourished in Hutchinson, KS, for 36 years, made Top-12 5 times, then moved to DeSoto, TX, and folded after 3 years and one finals appearance their first year there.

Now that the "Debbie Downer" part is out of the way... :thumbdown:

I sincerely hope Forte flourishes in the DFW area, and I have faith that Chris will do everything in his power to make it happen.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

There used to be another one of great reknown. They were called the Sky Ryders. Flourished in Hutchinson, KS, for 36 years, made Top-12 5 times, then moved to DeSoto, TX, and folded after 3 years and one finals appearance their first year there.

Now that the "Debbie Downer" part is out of the way... :thumbdown:

I sincerely hope Forte flourishes in the DFW area, and I have faith that Chris will do everything in his power to make it happen.

Garry in Vegas

Yeah i do remember getting stories from my father, He worked with them for there first two season, Drumline i Believe

Now that the "Debbie Downer" part is out of the way... :thumbup:

Garry in Vegas

Ooooh, I loved SkyRiders. Too bad Memphis Sound didn't change their name to that and bring them back! Wouldn't THAT have been cool!!

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, believe it or not. :tongue:

What gives? Why the thumbs down? I had JUST found out about the move/ change and was shocked by the decision...

Did I say anything that was negative or demeaning at ALL? I care deeply about this corps since I worked there a few years back. There are Corps that do have a City's name in it's title, but they practice during the winter in a different state, you know. Whatever the case, I support Mempho's decision to try and keep the corps going and make a move if needed. I found it strange that after the '07 season, Andre wanted the corps to move to Nashville for the better of the corps and was refused. Now they are hauling it all to Texas where there are a few other corps already.

If you are going to jump to conclusions and assume that I was saying something offensive. The least you could do is make yourself known to DCP readers and stop hiding behind your facade.

Don't be a coward "Mark time".

Edited by Fudge

As an alumnus, I must admit that I do not like the direction in which the corps is going at the moment. Of course, I wish them the best and will always be thankful for the corps experience, but the move to Dallas and the name change, and now the scores have not bode well for Mempho yet, and again, I'm hoping this will change. The goal of becoming a World Class corps is even further out of reach than when in Memphis, IMO. This should not even remotely be a goal. I also wish that the administration would accompany their asking for money ALL THE TIME with some progress/pics/media of the corps. It's pretty hard to support a corps you haven't even heard news about. :tongue:

As an alumnus, I must admit that I do not like the direction in which the corps is going at the moment. Of course, I wish them the best and will always be thankful for the corps experience, but the move to Dallas and the name change, and now the scores have not bode well for Mempho yet, and again, I'm hoping this will change. The goal of becoming a World Class corps is even further out of reach than when in Memphis, IMO. This should not even remotely be a goal. I also wish that the administration would accompany their asking for money ALL THE TIME with some progress/pics/media of the corps. It's pretty hard to support a corps you haven't even heard news about. :thumbup:

I saw them last night in Omaha, NE. The Horn Line Sounds real nice for most of the show with only a couple rouph spots. The Bass Lina and Tenor Line are both real good with the Snare Line a little that's good as well.

They are a good corps with nothing to be ashamed about.

They were 5th out of 8 Corps tonight which is the position they performed in. If they had 10 more Brass they would probably be plased higher.

Yea, I wasn't happy when Sky Ryders went to Texas back in '90 either but what could I do.