Walnut show 6/20

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because then the impact wouldn't have near the effect it does. You'd have become desensitized to it. It's called "the payoff". See Star 93 for the definition.

Naw, that's not it. Star's show moved, they covered the field, the show was beyond challenging. From a visual standpoint, this was not. But I've heard through the rumor mill that there are some MAJOR changes coming to the drill in the next week.

Naw, that's not it. Star's show moved, they covered the field, the show was beyond challenging. From a visual standpoint, this was not. But I've heard through the rumor mill that there are some MAJOR changes coming to the drill in the next week.

Was that from a reliable source? Because I heard that they are making drastic changes with some of their designers (hint hint visual)....some reliable intel from an inside source. I may get my wish after all.

Love going to the Walnut show every year although this may be my last.

Next year might be whatever I can drive to from Mnpls. (Including Indy I hope)

The venue is great and so easy to get in and out of.

Here is Academy getting ready:

Academy.JPG

With the sun setting behind us and the breeze blowing it was a perfect night for drum corps.

Not sure how they choose the order of shows but BD came on before SCV tonite and I was surprised to see the guard unis!

BDguard2.JPG

and after the show got going the chairs were a surprise (even though I had read about them somewhere:

BDguard1.JPG

What a fun show - in August this is clearly going to be a fan favorite.

One more shot:

BD1.JPG

SCV worked some magic on me last night. Having been a fan since I was a kid in La Crosse, WI - some of the classic elements

of this activity and the choice of Copland could not have made me happier or sent me home with a bigger smile.

I couldn't get a very good shot from my seat - and didn't want to stop watching or listening during their show long enough to try and take one.

However I'm glad I got this one because it gave me another look at the dress worn by the girls in the guard.

Next time you see them watch at the end of the show as this comes off the neck to become a REALLY full skirt. What a creative design!

SCV.JPG

Thanks for a great kick off to the 2009 season West Coast Corps!

Edited by Watch & Listen

Thanks for all the updates! It was a great show, and I can't wait to see the show again tonight at Riverside!

Take it from somone who spent his career in the bottom 6. West Coast Inflation is real. Mostly below 8th place though. It happens every year. Academy, Mandarins, PC, etc. are all above Spirit, Glassmen, Colts, etc. score wise until San Antonio. The first head to head doesn't usually change much at the top but in the real battlegrounds it changes a lot.

Take it from somone who spent his career in the bottom 6. West Coast Inflation is real.

I fail to see why I should "take it from someone who spent his career in the bottom 6."