Who will be this year's surprise Corps ?

Troopers

This and SCV.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Academy breaking top 12... the potential is there, and they are already showing they have what it takes.

Oooo. some early season Kool-aid for the Arizona crew. Yeah, I wouldn't buy finals night tickets and expect to see the AZ crew this season. Not yet. Too long a haul and too many corps to jump to get there.

However, that being said. Buy the Friday night tickets for sure. Semis looks like a very solid deal this season. And they chomp at that 16th - 14th spot all season long. If they get higher...wonderful...delightful. Not seeing it yet though.

That tour from Texas across the southeast and up the coast to Allentown will shape and define this season like no other event so far. I've seen similar tours make or break it for a corps. Let's get to Allentown in good shape and consistently in that 14th or 15th spot and we can talk about the next step.

The hardest thing to accomplish in DCI if you are not BD, Cadets or Cavies.

1. Making finals the first time.

2. Staying in finals.

3. Cracking Top 8.

4. Cracking Top 4.

5. Staying in Top 4.

6. Winning DCI.

Question: Do you see a " Surprise Corps" this year for us ? In other words, a Corps that you believe will finish at least 3 spots higher than they did last year ?

Colts.

Cali.

I was really impressed with the progress the Troopers have made this year. I could see them potentially jumping 3 spots from last year and knocking on the door to Finals.

I've also been surprised by Blue Knights, Boston, and Santa Clara. I think it's going to be hard for anyone to jump miles up in the final standings, but I think all three of those corps are going to turn heads this year.

I love Colts. I love them a lot. I have marched there and have a lot of friends I associate with the corps. What they have on the field now is disappointing. The drill is boring and the music is a shadow of what it was in January. They've cut a 3 minute opener to about 15 seconds and 5 sets of drill and the technical passages have been dumbed down. The design team went for something that could be executed effectively and cleanly, but I think (as of now) what we see is a skeleton of what there was during camps and a less memorable and powerful show that I love seeing from the Colts. I hope i'm wrong. I really do.

I saw Academy on Fan Network last night. My initial impressions were that the music was more accessible than previous years. And that the simplicity of the drill and the visual might be a challenge for them with the judges . That said, I liked them better than in previous years.

Edited by BRASSO

If I had to say now I would guess Spirit. I saw them last night. Their hornline sound was amazing and they had some of the best feet of the night. much cleaner than Madison Scouts.

Last year Troop Beat Madison at Madison, and then Scouts changed the their show and then they got clean and made finals....Im just saying, just because corps beats one in early season doesnt mean it will happen at the end of the season.

My money is on troop to at least make it to 12th to knock out Madison, or glassmen for 11th

Edited by Josiahsop08

I love Colts. I love them a lot. I have marched there and have a lot of friends I associate with the corps. What they have on the field now is disappointing. The drill is boring and the music is a shadow of what it was in January. They've cut a 3 minute opener to about 15 seconds and 5 sets of drill and the technical passages have been dumbed down. The design team went for something that could be executed effectively and cleanly, but I think (as of now) what we see is a skeleton of what there was during camps and a less memorable and powerful show that I love seeing from the Colts. I hope i'm wrong. I really do.

That makes some sense now, there was a lot of talk over the winter about a more aggressive and challenging show from them, but what I saw on the webcast seemed really easy for a corps wanting to make the Sat night show again. I'll see them in Dubuque so I'm going to wait for a live viewing to hopefully change my mind.

Pacific Crest - once they clean up the show. It's well designed and has alot of potential!

It's also important to note that they still have about two minutes of show left to tack on. I've been lucky enough to hear the entire musical show at a stand still and I cannot wait to see the whole thing put to drill!! While the ending played at the shows this weekend was impressive the ACTUAL ending is really going to push them over the edge.