2009 Rankings

That's out of line. Even if DCI judges did issue that score, I doubt they had DCA sheets anyway for what was to be an exhibition. So work in the usual DCI/DCA curve on the score (10 to 12 points) then realistically MCL is sitting on a 76-78.

Regardless, take their word for it respectfully and have another look on Aug 1st. If the guys are wrong, they'll own up to it honorably. If they are right, they'll come back to this thread for your apology.

Fair enough?

i'm not going to apologize. i don't care what the score was . it dosen't matter it's still a score. and with that score they can work on the show. what is all this hate? you all make people not want to post. and i have a lot of friends that don't post anymore because of it. do you like chasing people away???

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited by MCLpatrick

We received a score at DCI Murfreesboro. We did not ask for one but it was given. I have no clue what sheets were used, and i really don't care. I give no excuses. I play for the crowd not a number at ANY show. The multiple standing ovations we received during our performance was the only quantity I cared about (and there were multiple). I had a blast. We need to work on a couple spots and transitions. We'll see what happens at Music City Metal. Things are gonna be interesting.

Peace Love and Drum Corps...

Edited by SSimpson

Look guys, you are absolutely correct. IT DOESN'T MATTER!! We got a score and we will live with it. We will be better at our next show and the next, and so on.. It's all good and no one is trying to deny anything. We had some things happen with the event that kind of threw off our timing and we just didn't handle it the way we should have. But it is up to US to not let those things disrupt the flow of the show.

Edited by MCLpatrick

Don't sweat it.

Next week, nearly everyone is on the field against other DCA corps', and scores will be more meaningful. And then all of this becomes moot. In the meantine, we're all just trying to have some fun following and comparing the scores; imagining and supposing what they might mean.

I'm sure you guys and gals will do just fine, Good luck!.

Edited by brassomaniac

Scores, what scores? I don't remember much after clobbering my oxcipital bone towards the end of the show.

Edited by MCLpatrick