2009 Rankings

Geez...why's everyone gettin' their panties in a bunch over MCL's 66.075? Ain't like they're going to "shock the world"....

Well, if a non NE corps corps makes finals over a NE corps it changes the voting power in DCA - that's why people get excited. I don't really care but I'm guessing there are a few corps directors who DO NOT want to be 11th when MCL (or Alliance ) are in 10th.

Or DCA finals in Chicago could be right around the corner.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Southern Corps will be in the mixed I don't think there is much news in that.

Last year Mi Brass scored the highest they ever had. It is presumed that they are that good again and will be the only Corps to push the Bucs. Now if they finish 5th next week what will that say. They are a class Corps but being 2nd last year guarentees them nothing this year.

Now everyone seems to think MCL is down. Last year they missed finals by 6 tenths, have we forgotten that. So why is it presumed that they have gone down hill this year. I think they have a great shot at making finals.

This week will answer alot of questions. Let the judges sort it out.

Why is it presumed that if three Southern Corps get in, all the rules are going to change. These Corps have played by DCA rules and are prospering. Why would they change rules? do you really think they would vote to bring Championships closer to them and risk a crowd of 2 or 3 thousand. and lose the money that goes with that.

These Corps fighting for a DCA spots have some good people running them. They consistently make good decisions for their Corps. They will make the right Decision for DCA. Scott and Terry would be very welcome on the DCA board.

GO Alliance and MCL.

The Southern Corps will be in the mixed I don't think there is much news in that.

Last year Mi Brass scored the highest they ever had. It is presumed that they are that good again and will be the only Corps to push the Bucs. Now if they finish 5th next week what will that say. They are a class Corps but being 2nd last year guarentees them nothing this year.

Now everyone seems to think MCL is down. Last year they missed finals by 6 tenths, have we forgotten that. So why is it presumed that they have gone down hill this year. I think they have a great shot at making finals.

This week will answer alot of questions. Let the judges sort it out.

Why is it presumed that if three Southern Corps get in, all the rules are going to change. These Corps have played by DCA rules and are prospering. Why would they change rules? do you really think they would vote to bring Championships closer to them and risk a crowd of 2 or 3 thousand. and lose the money that goes with that.

These Corps fighting for a DCA spots have some good people running them. They consistently make good decisions for their Corps. They will make the right Decision for DCA. Scott and Terry would be very welcome on the DCA board.

GO Alliance and MCL.

i've heard good things about MCL. i think they have a great shot at making finals. see people misconstrued what i have said. i know their drill is much better then in the past. unless they fall off a cliff they will be fine.

These Corps fighting for a DCA spots have some good people running them. They consistently make good decisions for their Corps. They will make the right Decision for DCA.

Absolutely agree.

Fran

Ahhh, I love DCP drama... :satisfied:

All I know is I'm sore having learned drill to the opener yesterday. Music City Metal III: The Southern Drum Corps Showdown, Saturday August 1st. Be there or be square.

By the current WEIGHTED CORPS COMPARISON, dca looks like this:

9. Bushwackers 71.0

10. Kilties 70.3

11. Alliance 69.5

12. Crusaders 67.4

13. MCLegend no score yet

Top 2 make the cut....

this looks like a legitimate prelim CONTEST.

if MCL wants to bring 48 horns, great! But they have to knock off Alliance, Crusaders and Kilties to make finals.

...and they don't give away the spots.

...Bush has the program (as always);

...Alliance is scoring with CV;

...Crusaders are a defending World Finalist;

...Kilties are going to look awfully good on the starting line. If they bring the lumber, it's gonna be close!

Edited by wishbonecav

Bushwackers,

Kilties,

Alliance,

Music City Legend,

Rochester Crusaders

Top 2 make the cut....

this looks like a legitimate prelim CONTEST.

please, do not count out the Kilties.

As close as the scores have been, I'd add Corps Vets and call it a 6 corps contest for 3 spots.

why did you look at the weighted scores? What exactly is the differance?

the dcp methodology takes into account statistical factors (head to head, date of performance, etc).

Most recent scores are weighted differently than earlier scores.

the data gets skewed a bit if there is a big time lag between shows (ie Minn Brass has a weighted score in the high 70's, but havent been scored since June 22...it is likely that their 8/1 show will change the lineup should they score competitively with Hurcs, Empire, Bucs and Cabs).

the stats on the DCI page are more statistically significant because there is so much more data to include

dca stats are less reliable.

fewer shows.

fewer scores

fewer head-to-heads.

but its all we got :)