2009 Rankings

Thanks for the support, everyone.

I just love how freaking everything on DCP is a reason for someone to get exercised about something that's only going on between their ears and not anywhere else in drum corps land.

So many agendas, veiled comments, perceived conspiracies, so many prejudices on these boards... It's the main reason I don't visit all that much any more.

You people need to lighten up. It's only drum corps... it's a HOBBY.

Well said my friend

Stay thirsty! :lol:

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UGH, CV in 9th again... I was hoping that you guys or at least one of the southern groups would be scoring high enough for a better placement. Here's to hoping scores up at the Rockmart show!

same field, same panel, then we'll see.

....tongue in cheek, firm grasp on the obvious, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

PS: Speaking of *Hobby* is he in the hall of fame yet?? And if not.... and we're all so dang passionate... why isn't he??

I'm with you Nancy, to listen to him announce was great. He did the announcing at so many shows back in the day and it was just terrific to listen to him.

Sorry Fran, but his French was better than your Spanish.

Thanks Jerald for stepping in! I was busy with both Govies and Chops all weekend, so now is the first chance I got to update the original post:

Place - Score Corps (Last Show, Date) +- Score Change (Previous show, date)

Open Class:

1 - 88.963(0.3) Buccaneers (Scranton, PA 8/1) +4.600 (Lewisburg, PA 7/18)

2 - 86.863 Hurricanes (Scranton, PA 8/1) +4.200 (Lawrence, MA 7/18)

3 - 85.925 Minnesota Brass (Scranton, PA 8/1) +8.550 (Mankato, MN 6/22)

4 - 85.050 Caballeros (Scranton, PA 8/1) +2.737 (Lawrence, MA 7/18)

5 - 83.850 Empire Statesmen (Scranton, PA 8/1) +1.000 (Jamestown, NY 7/25)

6 - 83.463 Renegades (Dublin, CA 7/19) +0.775 (San Jose, CA 7/18))

7 - 82.713 Brigadiers (Waterloo, NY 8/1) +4.425 (Jamestown, NY 7/25)

8 - 79.988 CorpsVets (Antioch, TN 8/1) +7.300 (Atlanta, GA 7/25)

9 - 78.150 Bushwackers (Scranton, PA 8/1) +5.737 (Lewisburg, PA 7/18)

10- 78.000 Music City Legend (Antioch, TN 8/1) +11.925 (Murfreesboro, TN 7/24)

11- 77.913 Alliance (Antioch, TN 8/1) +6.375 (Atlanta, GA 7/25)

12- 73.200 Crusaders (Waterloo, NY 8/1) +3.800 (Jamestown, NY 7/25)

13- 70.375 Kilties (Madison, WI 6/28)

Class A:

1 - 73.625 Grenadiers (Waterloo, NY 8/1) +6.612 (Lawrence, MA 7/18)

2 - 73.000 Fusion Core (Waterloo, NY 8/1) +6.250 (Auburn, NY 7/11)

*3- 71.138 SoCal Dream (Dublin, CA 7/19) +1.788 (San Jose, CA 7/18)*

4 - 70.738(0.2) Carolina Gold (Waterloo, NY 8/1) +12.088 (Wildwood, NJ 6/20)

5 - 65.500 Govenaires (Mankato, MN 6/22) +1.750 (Stillwater, MN 6/20)

6 - 65.188 White Sabers (Waterloo, NY 8/1) +4.188 (Jamestown, NY 7.25)

*7- 63.175 Kingsmen Sr (Dublin, CA 7/19) -0.575 (San Jose, CA 7/18)*

8 - 63.100 Sun Devils (Antioch, TN 8/1) +7.387 (Valdosta, GA 7/10)

9 - 59.700 Lakeshoremen (Antioch, TN 8/1)

10 - 57.788(3.2) Sunrisers (Waterloo, NY 8/1)

11- 55.950 Shenandoah Sound (Antioch, TN 8/1) +6.575 (Auburn, NY 7/11)

12 - 52.925 Excelsior (Waterloo, NY 8/1) +2.925 (Jamestown, NY 7/25)

13 - Vigilantes

* - Not coming to championships

Edited by Spandy

recheck class A

I think you meant to put Govies over White Sabers? right?

recheck class A

I think you meant to put Govies over White Sabers? right?

Thanks, you are right. In my head I saw 65.000 and not 65.500 (it's weird, you'd think I'd remember my own score :thumbup: )

Edited by Spandy

wait till the next time you're with Amber... you're chopped liver

Thanks, you are right. In my head I saw 65.000 and not 65.500 (it's weird, you'd think I'd remember my own score :worthy: )

:thumbup: Spandy - you and Tom are just spoil sports - you could have left us there for A MINUTE :tongue: :tongue: :worthy: :worthy: :cool:

For starters: This is post #1. I have been reading and keeping up with all of this for quite some time, but have decided that I would like to throw my opinions into the mix. You know, to see some of the babble on here... it is quite disheartening. In my opinion, some have lost the vision here. We are all here because we love the craft that is Drum Corps. When we argue amongst ourselves about differences of opinion, we are not doing what we can to better the craft. Everyone has a favorite and their least. It is also disheartening to the members when you attack their corps, even when they are trying to do well. I completely agree that this is a hobby, and I also see alot of the prejudice that has spoke of. There is a difference between giving a valuable constructive criticism, and spewing mental masturbation for all to see. (Which I am sure this whole excerpt will be categorized as.) I'd say, don't bash people here for all to read. Do that in another media. It may adversely affect some and cause them to leave the hobby (and craft) possibly for good. If that were to happen, how does that affect the progression, or growth of our shared hobby. Just don't be jerks. :rolleyes:

Ok, next!

I was at the Dome show and had a great time. :thumbup:

Let's talk about Antioch Tenn though.

The weather held off, and we had a great night. Some small sprinkles here and there, but we made it through. I am a Local to Georgia, so I want to talk about CV and Alliance.

As I understand it, both corps had their own adversities to overcome for this show. Alliance (as I understand it of course, and are subject to being wrong) had to overcome travel issues with getting themselves to the show. (Travel conditions through Chattanooga where not ideal.) CV (remind you, as I understand it. And are subject to being incorrect.) had truck and trailer issues with getting equipment to the show. Both corps however, put on one great show. Both seemed to have their best runs of their shows, and each increased their scores over their previous shows. Mind you, field conditions were not ideal because of the rain and all, but that cannot be helped. Both of these corps brought the Wows at the park and blow in the parking lot delivering lots of sound. I wish CV would have played more while on the lot, and I wish that Alliance had a little more Contra. (But Alliance's hornline sounded really great other than that.) CV did not disappoint, that is just not in their nature. They always bring lots of sound when they come to town! I believe that both Corps are going to bring the house down in Rockmart, and I can hardly wait. Both corps scores are on the way up, and goodluck to both of these juggernauts. You both represent us Georgians, and we are proud of you both. :rock:

Keep up the good work, Both of you! :thumbdown::sad:

ContraMorph,

Thank you so much for your kind review and I wanted to confirm what you said about our travel adversities. I take full responsibility for the delays as I chose to keep the corps in Atlanta for rehearsal Saturday morning and then drive up in what I thought would be plenty of time for the show (and stopping for food at the Hickory Hollow Mall to feed the kids, which didn't happen). Our arrival at the high school was planned for 5:30pm Antioch time, but the road construction on I-24 killed that plan. I should have checked on-line - oops...

The equipment truck got there first, then those people who drove on their own, and then me. We were unloading the truck when Sun Devils were on the field. The first bus pulled up just before intermission and the kids jumped off and frantically put on uniforms. Bus 2 - which had all of the pit players and guard in it - pulled up when the brass and battery finished warm-up. No stretching - nothing. The corps went from bus to a short warm-up to field. We were not unpleased with how well the corps did considering the adversity - they were outstanding considering the problems.

I agree with your thoughts about needing more lower end - those four contras (tubas actually, since we play Bb) are all we own today. All four of those players have great output without putting their tongues through the bells. We'll double the contras in 2010, at the very least.

I can't wait until Rockmart - another camp to clean the visual show, add more material, lots of time to warm-up/hydrate/chillax before the show, and all brass and guard present and accounted for.

Edited by Reilley