Bus Stories

Some stories have been mentioned in other posts but alot of them were pretty funny. I thought I would start a post just for bus stories so we could share them all.

We were on our way to Des Plaines area for the July 4th weekend (I think 1975 or 1976), and our bus driver tells us to move the last 3 rows of kids toward the front. We are all wondering what's going on and the driver says, "The second bus thinks it lost its brakes, so we'll have to help stop it." It was early morning, heading to the toll booth near Chicago. A beautiful Chicago skyline, sunny morning and the we may have to stop the bus with all this traffic. That bus caused us to miss out on competing in Iowa for a show a few days later.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in jr corps,we were in PA and the toliets overflowed. The drivers forgot to empty it. You do not want the rest of the story. Had to suffer for about 30 min until the next stop. BTW, we were in the mountains.

Kate

:thumbup::devil::smile::smile::smile:

On the return from Philly in 75, one of the yellow pusher schools buses we had lost the clutch. After a fuel stop, I had to start it in gear and as it rolled forward one of the members "Shawna" got hit by the open door. She wasn't hurt but I'll never forget that moment.

I'm sure we were not the only corps to push a bus in the Rockies. We had decent busses but fully loaded those 5904s didn't have much giddy up.

1978Buslg.jpg

On our way to Drums Along the Rockies....chugging uphill.

My seat was right up front, so I could hear the radio chatter. A semi passes Big Blue (our semi) and asks "What the hell is a Blue Devil?"

To which one of our other drivers replies "It's a gay gospel group!"

A nice laugh at the time!

My seat was right up front, so I could hear the radio chatter. A semi passes Big Blue (our semi) and asks "What the hell is a Blue Devil?"

I related that story in one of my Drum Corps World columns way back. I saw it in the '84 Blue Devils yearbook.

On our way to Drums Along the Rockies....chugging uphill.

A nice laugh at the time!

OMG, that's hysterical! :blink:

How about any Ithaca stories?