Pioneer 2009

You must be new to DCP. Most things related to Hopkins are the poster children of bashing here at DCP :blink:

Are Cascades even going to Indianapolis, I heard they were only staying on the west coast this season

Cascades are going to Indy.

They are doing a full tour (like most years), the only difference for them is they usually come out a bit later. Public schools and colleges in WA usually get out really late (usually 2nd or 3rd week of June) and they have to spend the first few weeks of the season trying to get the show on their field while other are already out there performing. They are doing 23 shows this year, which is more than some groups in World Class (Jersey Surf and Mandarins) and a lot if you consider that they start almost 3 weeks after everyone else does. Here is their schedule:

http://www.dci.org/schedule/?mode=corps&am...fb-b20910df2a39

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Pio this year.... again, another good show effort, kids handling the product

fairly well, and whatnot....

I just wish....... one year... JUST ONE YEAR...... Pio would do something that isnt Irish

related.

I realize that their heritage is Irish background, and all, etc....... BUT, if ALL corps had

the same theory of KEEPING THE SAME IDEA around and kicking in a new tune here

and there, then BD would never leave jazz, same for Scouts... Spirit would still be

playing old southern numbers, ... you get the idea....

I wish Pio's staff would look for something new next year.. something that we in the

audience/croud would look around and say.... hey.. that was awesome.. and not Irish

influence intended. Maybe, just maybe then, things might improve for them..

I realize they are putting in 9 to 9's and working just as hard as everyone else...

So I applaud the corps for 1-still being out on the field... and the members of the

corps for making the best of what they have !

FCO

Mike

The information you see on a drum corps site is not always accurate. You are never going to see a group advertise that they are marching a tiny horn line or that they have 20 holes. The fact that cascades are advertising free tuition to get more people in the horn line means that they are desperate.

I know that they had intended to march 49 horns. Then I heard it was 42.. and now I have no idea what their plans are...Either way they will be pretty small.

Free? Where did you hear that?

I have seen Pio this year.... again, another good show effort, kids handling the product

fairly well, and whatnot....

I just wish....... one year... JUST ONE YEAR...... Pio would do something that isnt Irish

related.

I realize that their heritage is Irish background, and all, etc....... BUT, if ALL corps had

the same theory of KEEPING THE SAME IDEA around and kicking in a new tune here

and there, then BD would never leave jazz, same for Scouts... Spirit would still be

playing old southern numbers, ... you get the idea....

I wish Pio's staff would look for something new next year.. something that we in the

audience/croud would look around and say.... hey.. that was awesome.. and not Irish

influence intended. Maybe, just maybe then, things might improve for them..

I realize they are putting in 9 to 9's and working just as hard as everyone else...

So I applaud the corps for 1-still being out on the field... and the members of the

corps for making the best of what they have !

Ya, I hear you, and agree. I REALLY wish Pio success this year with the scoring (they've got the other kind of success licked already), and also agree that a change in pace may be just what the doctor (judges) ordered. Can't wait to see them live though, and even though it's a long shot I'm pulling for them to perform Friday night.

FCO

Ya, I hear you, and agree. I REALLY wish Pio success this year with the scoring (they've got the other kind of success licked already), and also agree that a change in pace may be just what the doctor (judges) ordered. Can't wait to see them live though, and even though it's a long shot I'm pulling for them to perform Friday night.

Mike

Edited by BozzlyB

Cascades are going to Indy.

They are doing a full tour (like most years), the only difference for them is they usually come out a bit later. Public schools and colleges in WA usually get out really late (usually 2nd or 3rd week of June) and they have to spend the first few weeks of the season trying to get the show on their field while other are already out there performing. They are doing 23 shows this year, which is more than some groups in World Class (Jersey Surf and Mandarins) and a lot if you consider that they start almost 3 weeks after everyone else does. Here is their schedule:

http://www.dci.org/schedule/?mode=corps&am...fb-b20910df2a39

The only accurate post you've had on this thread...

Cascades will have a quality product on the field and the kids are having a blast. I cant wait for the first show next week!

Wasn't this Roosevelt once involved with the Seattle organization?

No I wasnt. But I do live in WA

The only accurate post you've had on this thread...

Unfortunately that is not true.

Knowing the Pioneer staff very well I can say that they would be thrilled to try and put something less Irish on the field.

However the corps director Roman will not approve anything else.

Same reason they only march girls in the guard.