Wow,some of you have the Cavaliers in 4th or 5th place?

Well, I agree with the assessment that they'll place 4th or 5th based off of their show I just watched. Music is terrible, in my opinion and the visual is not that great either. It just didn't excite me at all. But hey, it's JUNE. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised when I see them live in July...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By that argument, Crown will never win until they've proved they can win.

Well, yeah. Exactly.

And the way to do that is by getting progressively more competitive, with savvier designs, each year. And that's what they're doing.

But I don't think this is quite the year for them sit at the top. I think it's too soon. They've broken into the upper echelon, but now they've got to hang out awhile, find a top 3 design formula and keep honing it over a few years and knocking it against BD/Cavs/Cadets until it wins. Like SCV 97 - 99 -- same (amazing) formula, progressively better.

Just watched the Cavies on demand.

I can see where some might think the show is a little boring, but I really like it. Not sure if the Adams tune works as a closer, and I really wish they'd have used more Extreme Make-over. But otherwise, I think it's a great show...

I just had a chance to view Cavs and Crown a few minutes ago on Video on Demand.

In my opinion, the Cavs will have to get a lot of mileage out of execution ( which they are capable of for sure ). This is because Crown is going to get a lot of mileage out of their creative production this year. Crown gave us a many more visual patterns than Cavs and patterns we have not seen before. It has the vibe of being fresh and new. The Cavs ( God love'em) give me the impression that I've seen this all before from them. When judges are unsure on who to place ahead of another, I've seen them fall on the side of " what was most creative and fresh between the 2 similar Corps ? " I think Crown has that in spades rtight now. However, there were quite a bit of dirtiness in the visual execution. As for the quality of the Guards, I have no idea, but Crown did seem to incorporate the Guard better into their show than the Cavs. The Cavs went with a bigger Percussion line. I can't say who plays better off this Video. I can say that I prefer the front battery sound of Crown over that of Cavs. Some of those sounds of Cavs in their front battery seemed harsh to the ears. That's not the playing, it's how it's written. But this is more of personal choice than a comment on their respective abilities. I 'll let the judges sort this out.

Bottom line; I have no idea if Crown can stay ahead of Corps like the Cavs this year. But after watching the Video from Normal, it seems to me right now that their staff has given them a fresh, creative and demanding show that has at least positioned them to do just that. They DO have the vehicle to drive to a Championship in my opinion. They have the high powered car in the race. This vehicle is strong enough to take them to a Championship. Unless the Cavs can drive a perfect race, I'm not so sure they have the vehicle this year from their design staff to catch Crown come Finals.( As for Cadets, BD, Phantom, I 'll have to catch them later )

Edited by BRASSO