Wow,some of you have the Cavaliers in 4th or 5th place?

That makes me curious to know what the Al Swearengen of drum corps would sound like....

deadwood_swearengen.gif

I see a narration opportunity here.

DCI would need to hire a censor to press the "bleep" button. Yay for stimulating the economy!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's impossible to predict baseball playoffs immediatly after opening day. Same thing with Drum Corps.

It's impossible to predict baseball playoffs immediatly after opening day. Same thing with Drum Corps.

Well ... not "impossible" ... somebody always gets it exactly right in both cases .... it's just figuring out which somebody that is that's the hard part!!! :laughing:

It's ironic that I'm reading this at the same time as the Cavies' brass DVD is playing and they're discussing rehearsal pacing, specifically NOT adding the "impact moments" until specific regionals when the line is solid on the "nuts and bolts".

So I guess that means we're all correct that the show seems painfully flat. Please add the impacts soon.

kindof agree

the cavaliers are to drum corps, what James Swearingen is to Wind Band Literature.....

formula, much of the same

once in a while they will do something that I really like such as 00, 02 (because it was so different!..... at the time....) and 04

i love the cavies, but I also kind of agree

they should maybe shake it up next year and do something more "hard corps" in-your-face -- more like 2000.

They've been great the past several years, but their style now is to favor restraint and sound quality over emotion and sound quantity.

i like this prediction, i may be a regiment phan but cadets have an awesome show :laughing:

pardon me, I'm not trying to fan any flames here but according to the DCI web site (scores section), Cadets and Cavies tied in Toledo so which one is awesome and which one is flat? (wait 10 seconds before replying to allow me time to don my asbestos shorts).

pardon me, I'm not trying to fan any flames here but according to the DCI web site (scores section), Cadets and Cavies tied in Toledo so which one is awesome and which one is flat? (wait 10 seconds before replying to allow me time to don my asbestos shorts).

This is what everyone wanted to see with the Cadets.... They gave it too you!

Cadets and Cavies tied in Toledo so which one is awesome and which one is flat? (wait 10 seconds before replying to allow me time to don my asbestos shorts).

The one that is awesome is the one that he thinks is awesome mr smartypants. Actually, on that same dci score website that you seem to favor, cadets were favored in GE by 6 tenths, which often has something to do with excitement level. But on a different note....seriously??? what does tying in score have to do with a corps being flat on a given night?....ugh, nm :laughing:

Cavaliers were very flat, but the season is young. They have to figure out a way to make their roles and characterizations more authentic and meaningful. The concept, roles, music, etc seem generic at this point. Very good generic, but generic nonetheless. IMO, the Cadets have a big advantage with their source music. The Cadets take a fresh approach to an iconic work that inherently evokes an emotional response in the listener. Their play on conflict and opposition is brilliant, and far more clearly defined as a program concept than the Cavaliers at this point.

Edited by oldtimedrummer