Map of DCI and DCA Drum Corps' hometowns

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job, really cool to look at!

Small note, Chops was in East Bethel for a year or so, but have since moved back to Minneapolis

And didn't I hear that Memphis Sound is from Dallas now? Or is that not final yet? :thumbup:

Map corrected again: http://i42.tinypic.com/33xjwiv.jpg

Memphis Sound officially moves after finals - you should read this: http://www.memphisdrumcorps.org/forte.htm

Edited by sydstranda

Officially moves after finals, but we held all our camps and summer training in the Dallas area :)

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

I've made all the corrections that were suggested, except that the Longshoremen aren't in two places, it's just that I repeated the number sequence for each category.

I know the whole map is a little confusing, but this was just to see the big picture, not for publication. :)

I also realize that the corps in CA and NY, NJ aren't correctly placed, it's just that I ran out of room, so those locations are approximate - again, this is just to get an overview.

I agree - it would be really cool to see this map through the decades. This took me about 2 hours though, 'cause I had to googlemap most of the cities, and I didn't want place names cluttering everything up. If someone would provide me with a list of active corps and their locations for some historic date, I would be interested in making another map for comparison's sake.

It's not a big deal to make corrections, so please let me know if you find more (except for minor geographical errors).

you mean the Lakeshoremen. the Longshoremen became the Westshoremen in the early 50's after a dispute with the Longshoremens Union

you mean the Lakeshoremen. the Longshoremen became the Westshoremen in the early 50's after a dispute with the Longshoremens Union

Right. I guess I'm giving away my age on more than one count there, lol.

I did this for a school project one year...sometime in high school, and California had 17 drum corps alone.

Do you still have it? If so, you should post it here so we can see the differences time has made.