Phantom Regiment...

I think Phantom is coming out like they normally have the past few years. They seem to put something out, almost as if to say they have something, and then they make major rewrites the rest of the season. If you saw this show once a week for the season you would see it change dramatically by the end.

I do agree though that they have some really sloppy ideas out there. The brass have runs galore and its very messy right now. If they get it clean they will prove to the world that WW will never be needed in DCI. :thumbup:

Agree here. Although I LOVE Leon's work with Crown now. I'd bring him back to Regiment in a heartbeat.

No kidding - tearing it up with Crown the last few years.

You think he may have been constrained by PR? Or perhaps he's just gotten better with time?

Out of curiosity, I'd like to see how any corps fares the first year after their first (outright) championship. Who was the last corps that's even had that happen to them? I haven't seen too much of their show this year, but I almost wonder if they're freaking out about a show that just did so much in so many different aspects and reached out to so many people (referring to last summer).

Out of curiosity, I'd like to see how any corps fares the first year after their first (outright) championship. Who was the last corps that's even had that happen to them? I haven't seen too much of their show this year, but I almost wonder if they're freaking out about a show that just did so much in so many different aspects and reached out to so many people (referring to last summer).

SCV - 1973 champs, 1974: 1st.

Madison Scouts - 1975 champs, 1976: 2nd.

Blue Devils - 1976 champs, 1977: 1st.

Garfield Cadets - 1983 champs, 1984: 1st.

Star of Indiana - 1991 champs, 1992: 3rd.

Cavaliers - 1992; 1993: 5th.

Edited by Kieren

SCV - 1973 champs, 1974: 1st.

Madison Scouts - 1975 champs, 1976: 2nd.

Blue Devils - 1976 champs, 1977: 1st.

Garfield Cadets - 1983 champs, 1984: 1st.

Star of Indiana - 1991 champs, 1992: 3rd.

Cavaliers - 1992; 1993: 5th.

Anaheim Kingsmen - 1972 champs, 1973 6th

Phantom's shows seem to be designed for finals. They don't look that great and are hard to read early, but just wait for finals and you'll get the picture.

This. You can't judge a Phantom story-show in June. Both Faust and Spartacus were not great in the early season, but it was the changes in the final two weeks that made the shows epic.

Having said that, I don't see them in the Top 2 this year.