Crown's Closer

Jason I may not be thinking of the same part that you are, but isn't the end of the ballad the section where they are playing the dark "Somewhere" chords?

It then just transitions into the closer. I like the inclusion of those chords because it's exactly the way they ended the ballad last year with "Somewhere" This show has alot of meat to it, and I'm sure more to come.

Jason I may not be thinking of the same part that you are, but isn't the end of the ballad the section where they are playing the dark "Somewhere" chords?

It then just transitions into the closer. I like the inclusion of those chords because it's exactly the way they ended the ballad last year with "Somewhere" This show has alot of meat to it, and I'm sure more to come.

I LOVE this show, think its one of th best of the season. I would like to see a bit more chaos transitioning into happy at the start of the closer. I think that connects the end of the show with the start of the show. I would like it to feel like the good is fighting the evil and the good finally wins. It has that transition at the start, lets do it at the end.

But like I said, I love the show.

I was at the Normal show and I thought the transition from "Somewhere" to the Copland piece was very effective. It appeared to me (upon my first live hearing) that they converted from playing "Somewhere" to gradually playing the awesome Copland piece from left to right in ever growing ensembles until the whole line was playing it. It was extremely unique and a had a huge effect on the crowd. Crown definitely deserved the win. (And this comes from a huge Phantom phan!)

Edited by joelw19

I was at the Normal show and I thought the transition from "Somewhere" to the Copland piece was very effective. It appeared to me (upon my first live hearing) that they converted from playing "Somewhere" in small ensembles from right to left across the company front, and gradually began picking up playing the awesome Copland piece until the whole line was playing it. It was extremely unique and a had a huge effect on the crowd. Crown definitely deserved the win. (And this comes from a huge Phantom phan!)

I don't think anyone has a problem with that transition. It is absolutely brilliant. The one I believe we are talking about here is the the beginning of the fast tempo just after the ballad. I agree it goes from dark to bright and happy very abruptly. To me, the show would work much better dramatically if the closer had extremely dark and intense music and we got the big release to happy music at the Promise of Living ending transition. Maybe I'm not getting something here.

I guess it dephinitely would!

My question regarding the closer - right now, during the final push, the color guard is featured in a tight group dance from audience right to the center - to me, this is one of the least effective parts of their program. It seems underwhelming compared to the rest of the show. I wanted to know if this is a temporary ending, or will it stay like this? Hopefully, we'll see something a little 'bigger' from this group to cap off an excellent program. Just my $0.02!

Edited by kdt1972