Criticisms of Carolina Crown

really? they r starting the same as last year and years past, im sure before the end of the season the will pull up to the top atleast 4 over crown, their show has a great storyline like faust and spartacus :worthy:

but anyway, i like crowns hornline, the way they PLAY is nice, the way they MARCH is not. Also something about the percussion book bugs me, idk what it is ot just bugs me, cant really put my finger on why, just my opinion :worthy:

Crown marches great this year...and they did last year for the large majority of the hornline...but every section in the corps looks great on the move this year.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown marches great this year...and they did last year for the large majority of the hornline...but every section in the corps looks great on the move this year.

i dont think we're watching the same show then, cause those cream pants give alot away, i see alot of phasing in the feet, alot of phasing, people getting to charts late, i dont see the technic when i watch the show

The marching is awful compared to who they are up against.

They were the first corps to march 16 tubas!

edit...nevermind...somebody beat me to it.

Edited by Medeabrass

Phasing and arriving to sets late isn't technique...I'm saying person to person, Crown looks good, in terms of their approach to how they march...

Now ensemble phasing in the feet and different arrivals to sets, those are entirely different issues, and I agree, those are things that aren't quite strong for them right now...but its also June, and its easy to fix stuff like that.

christ, it's been a week. Commenting on performance aspects we all know will improve is simply moot. Michael Klesch doesn't allow a note to be written that hasn't had an articulation affixed to it...give them time.

That's whats so scarry about crown this year. They are going to get so much better and they are already so great!

Phasing and arriving to sets late isn't technique...I'm saying person to person, Crown looks good, in terms of their approach to how they march...

Now ensemble phasing in the feet and different arrivals to sets, those are entirely different issues, and I agree, those are things that aren't quite strong for them right now...but its also June, and its easy to fix stuff like that.

well if everyone has bad technic then they do look good from person to person :worthy:

Man there's just no end to the insults tonight...

I'm out.