Sitting Down During a Performance.

Even worse, do you realize that there are entire measures in the Blue Devils show where the hornline doesn't play at all?? How easy is that? I haven't even picked up my trumpet in over a year, and I bet I could still not play music just as well as the Blue Devils this year. Why on earth are they getting credit, when they don't even play notes throughout the entire show??

"Thems are some big words comin' from a one-eyed fat man!".....said to John Wayne in "True Grit"

Sounds like Matt needs a nap! :thumbup:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

NONSENSE! Some of the best bands I have ever heard have sat in chairs! Mostly on stage though...hmm.

I'd be much less concerned with BD sitting in their Lazy Boys and more concerned that there is a SIGNIFICANT amount of time in the middle of their show that the brass does not play at all! I mean WOW....that long!

BD always plays the utter #### out of anything they do, but it seems to me that there (so far...and its early) that there is alot less of it this year. Hopefully they'll be adding and adding, but right now I'm worried about this design.

Sounds like Matt needs a nap! :thumbup:

Did my sarcasm not come through? I'll add a smiley face to make it clear that humor was implied.

Did my sarcasm not come through? I'll add a smiley face to make it clear that humor was implied.

Sounds like I need a nap! :thumbup:

Sounds like I need a nap! :thumbup:

i just woke up

If the chairs were the dice from the 92 show, nobody would have a problem, IMO. BTW, the chairs are getting painted so let's wait and see how the chairs work by the end of the year. I'm still 50/50 on their use.

If it works visually, who cares how they do it? That is what it all boils down to. IMO, it is a huge risk, the use of chairs. BD is taking a risk with the use of them. I'm sure they know that, as well. It is only July 1st.

By the way, haven't the cadets in the past laid on their side while playing a brass instrument?

Edited by crfrey71

or when BD played on the cots

I'd be much less concerned with BD sitting in their Lazy Boys and more concerned that there is a SIGNIFICANT amount of time in the middle of their show that the brass does not play at all! I mean WOW....that long!

BD always plays the utter #### out of anything they do, but it seems to me that there (so far...and its early) that there is alot less of it this year. Hopefully they'll be adding and adding, but right now I'm worried about this design.

I'm a big BD fan, but i agree with this. All of it.

Does anyone honestly believe that a corps outside the Blue Devils could get away with this nonsense and get credit for it? Tell me with a straight face how/why SITTING IN A ****ING CHAIR produces Visual Performance/Visual GE Points.

I'm new to this forum, and new to drum corp, but have been around HS marching band, and color guard (thus the Guard-Dad) now for about 6 years. I watch the topics here because IN MOST CASES folks say some pretty interesting things, things I don't see when watching a show, or think about ... BUT ...

When someone comes on and says something like you did! Unless rules are different for drum corp what exactly are they "getting away with"? Are there rules about using props for a show? I'm a big proponent of cheering on other groups, applauding when it's great show, wishing them "good skills" as is done in the CG side of things, and insist on this from the kids at the high school I work with, it's called respect for what they are doing, for the hard work they've put into this and continue to put forth, for doing something they LOVE to do. Unless you are rehearsing 10+ hours a day or out on the field, how can you sit there and criticize ANY group for what they are doing ?! To resort to statements like "could get away with this nonsense" or "SITTING IN A ****ING CHAIR". This is ridiculous.

Constructive criticism sure that I can read and think that person has their opinion and are entitled to it, but to slam another group (who you obviously dislike) the way you did is 100% uncalled for and in a word WRONG.

Ok folks sorry, I’ll get off my soap box now. I just couldn’t sit back and not comment on this.

I'm new to this forum, and new to drum corp, but have been around HS marching band, and color guard (thus the Guard-Dad) now for about 6 years. I watch the topics here because IN MOST CASES folks say some pretty interesting things, things I don't see when watching a show, or think about ... BUT ...

When someone comes on and says something like you did! Unless rules are different for drum corp what exactly are they "getting away with"? Are there rules about using props for a show? I'm a big proponent of cheering on other groups, applauding when it's great show, wishing them "good skills" as is done in the CG side of things, and insist on this from the kids at the high school I work with, it's called respect for what they are doing, for the hard work they've put into this and continue to put forth, for doing something they LOVE to do. Unless you are rehearsing 10+ hours a day or out on the field, how can you sit there and criticize ANY group for what they are doing ?! To resort to statements like "could get away with this nonsense" or "SITTING IN A ****ING CHAIR". This is ridiculous.

Constructive criticism sure that I can read and think that person has their opinion and are entitled to it, but to slam another group (who you obviously dislike) the way you did is 100% uncalled for and in a word WRONG.

Ok folks sorry, I’ll get off my soap box now. I just couldn’t sit back and not comment on this.

woooooooord! :thumbup: