Sitting Down During a Performance.

I don't think people are trying to be rude. I just think what people are asking is how can a group get such high visual scores and GE scores when the spend a large part of the show just sitting in chairs and doing scatter drill when they could be MARCHING. This is a MARCHING ensemble right?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

how many people have fallen? Am i correct that they do drill through the chairs? if so how many have knocked down a chair.

I don't think people are trying to be rude. I just think what people are asking is how can a group get such high visual scores and GE scores when the spend a large part of the show just sitting in chairs and doing scatter drill when they could be MARCHING. This is a MARCHING ensemble right?

Well the way it was presented/asked was RUDE .. ask if you want to ask, but don't put out there like it was. Maybe we don't totally understand the way visual and GE are scored (or will we ever). Ask questions, but do it better.

Ned Pepper: What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?

Rooster Cogburn: I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a #####.

One of the best exchanges in movie history LOL

Guys, it's best to just ignore those who obviously hate a corps. BD knows this. The Cadets know this. The Cavalier know this. Phantom knows this. Crown is figuring it out. Just ignore them.

Because they do not spend a "large part" of the show just sitting in chairs. There is one place in the show where the horn line sits briefly - and plays while going from standing to sitting and back to standing without any loss in volume during the whole move. The rest of the time the chairs are stood upon by the brass and drum line or used by the guard quite creatively. Also the scatter characterization of the drill is not accurate.

Guys, it's best to just ignore those who obviously hate a corps. BD knows this. The Cadets know this. The Cavalier know this. Phantom knows this. Crown is figuring it out. Just ignore them.

Lance, how do you base this knowledge of who obviously "hates a corps" upon?

Is it because of all the years that you have marched? Oh wait, you never marched Drum and Bugle Corps to begin with. In all your opinions and matters you're just a fan?

Edited by Y2JWC

And with that, I do believe this thread has officially run it's course. Closing.