What is "bando"?

Urban Dictionary's definitions...

1. bando 106 up, 20 down love it hate it

one who is in band; comes from the derogatory term band dork; not always a bad thing to be called seeing as how bandos rule all

Bandos go to band camp. What happens in band camp stays at band camp.

by bandoswillruletheworld Nov 15, 2004 share this

2. Bando 109 up, 32 down love it hate it

A person in the Marching Band in high school or college.

NOT dorky at all. The hottest kids in school.

I'm such a bando, yo!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

" What is Bando ? ", ( you ask ?)

He was a lean, cool and hip young actor who later put moth balls in his cheek to play the Godfather and lots of mozerella in his tummy for the next 30 years hanging out with topless Tahitian women balooning to 325 lbs until his arteries exploded. His first name was Marlon.

I liked the pic on p.1.

I consider MOST bandos to be the uneducated folks of the marching world. Or to put it more simply, they are the virgins of the Marching arts. They've fooled around with the activity for a while and think they are the shiz but have little to no concept of what drum corps is, never been to or seen a video. They don't realize that most of their show is derived in some part from a previous corps show. Those bandos that have been initiated into the world we know as drum corps are apt to be amazed by everything their first show they ever see. They'll run back to their director and say that "this and that" should be done in next years show.

Bandos are not bad people, they are just ignorant in most cases. What they don't know is not hurting them.....well I guess that could be debated. Such poor air support in MB these days.

Bando shows are the ones you could probably see a high school band performing. Cheesy arrangements, gimiky drills and often complex or obscure themes which are depicted in the guard. A bando show is something you could very well see at a BOA show. (Props, miked solos/soli,electronics, props, flashy guards and oh yeah...props)

DCI shows that come to mind that fit "bando show" IMO are Cadets '06, '07 (despite the title), '08, Bluecoats '08, Spirit '09

some of this was written in good fun, some of it was a bit mean, take it as you will :smile:

It's a pejorative term used by geeks to try to separate themselves from what they feel are lesser geeks.

A synonym for "dinosaur", then?

No no no! Dinosaurs are those people in the marching activity that remember and appreciate things such as:

Symmetrical drill

Color-pre (i dunno wtf that is)

On the line

"BANG" (jesus did somebody just get shot?)

Tick (the judging tool, not the guy that F##### up the drill move during the show)

Splattissimo

Mylar

...feel free to add :)

Bandos are large group of audience members you try desperately to avoid so you can enjoy the show without listening to random dumbness all evening.

for the win

No no no! Dinosaurs are those people in the marching activity that remember and appreciate things such as:

Symmetrical drill

Color-pre (i dunno wtf that is)

On the line

"BANG" (jesus did somebody just get shot?)

Tick (the judging tool, not the guy that F##### up the drill move during the show)

Splattissimo

Mylar

...feel free to add :)

whew, not a dinosaur, just hating all the electronic crap here

whew, not a dinosaur, just hating all the electronic crap here

That's because old people like you can't figure out where the "ON" button is :smile: